Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Winter Photography Subjects, Ideas And Projects - Stuck for suggestions on what to shoot this winter? Here we have six inspirational ideas to keep you shooting all through the season.
Still LifeStill life photography can mean taking a shot of one item or grouping several items that differ in size, colour and add different textures to your shot. You don't need much space for your set up either , in fact if you fancy having a go at a kitchen still life, you can use your sink's draining board (if it's metallic) as an interesting background for your set-up.
For more tips on shooting still life photography, take a look at our articles:
- Five Quick Still Life Tips
- Still Liife Light Painting
- Still Life Photography Shoot
- Studio Photography With No Professional Equipment
- Photographing Cutlery
- Photo Fun In The Kitchen Part One and Two
Food PhotographyIt's getting close to that time of year again where we decide it's OK to eat lots of nice food so what better time to shoot some food photography? We've got plenty of tips on site to help you take photos that are good enough to eat, take a look:
Brush Up On Your Photoshop SkillsIf it's cold and dark and you don't fancy going outside, have a look at our Photoshop tutorials and improve your editing skills. We have tutorials that cover the basics of Photoshop and work right through to improving portraits, landscapes and much more.
Have a look at the techniques section for the full list of Photoshop Tutorials. Here are a few of the latest tutorials we've posted on site:
- How To Use Photoshop's Crop Tool
- Selectively Colour An Image In Photoshop
- How To Use Photoshop's Dodge & Burn Tools
- Fake Firework Scenes In Photoshop
Tidy Your Image FilesSorting and tidying image files doesn't sound fun but it's something that's well worth doing. While you're sat in front of your computer, have a go at key wording and try establishing some sort of workflow system too. For advice on getting organised, have a look at these articles:
- Advice On Using Keywords And Categories
- How To Establish A Workflow System That Works
- Tips On Improving Your Workflow
- Advice On Making Your Workflow System Work
- Managing Your Assets Part 1
- Managing Your Assets Part 2
Use The DarkAs it's dark by the time most of us are leaving work now, make the most of it and shoot some dark-themed imagery. Try going out on an evening city/town shoot, use longer shutter speeds to blur car headlights as they move through your frame or have a go at light photography which you can do at home with torches, sparklers and light toys.
- Ten Low Light Photography Tips
- Light Painting Photography Ideas And Tips
- Low Light Photography Tips
- Shooting Urban Skylines At Night
- Multiple Exposures In The Evening
- How To Photograph Someone Writing Their Name With A Sparkler
- Shooting A Night Time Urban Scene
Make The Most Of The ColdWith frosty mornings, cold starts and snow on the cards, make the most of it and shoot some winter-themed abstracts and landscapes.
- Photographing Patterns In Ice
- Eight Frost Photography Tips
- Photographing Leaves In Ice
- Photography On A Frosty Morning
- Tips On Shooting Snow And Ice
|Find out more about Nikon's products by clicking these links: