Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Nikon Photo Contest 2012-2013 Winners - Ther winners of Nikon's 2012-2013 Photo Contest have been announced.
Ms. Dina Bova's submission, "Elegy of Autumn" (shown above), has been picked as the winner of the Grand Prize. All winning images, including the Grand Prize winner, will be exhibited on the Nikon Photo Contest 2012-2013 Judging Results page from today.
When commenting on the winning image, the judges said: "It tells so many stories. It is at once traditional and respecting of the elders set in a classic living room, yet whimsical with the reference to space travel. It points to our future while honoring our past. Indeed deserving of the Grand Prize."
The Nikon Photo Contest 2012-2013 accepted entries in four categories from December 1 2012 to February 28 2013.
The categories were:
- Category A: Single photo
- Category B: Photo story (two to five images presenting a theme or idea)
- Category C: Photographic video (45 seconds in length)
- Category D: Motion Snapshot (a special category celebrating the new form of imaging expression made possible by the function built into Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses that combines still images with movie clips)
Judges selected one Grand Prize winner, a total of 48 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners from each of categories A–C, and three winners for category D. In addition, the best work captured using a NIKKOR lens was selected for the NIKKOR Award; and a single work selected for the Participants Award for Most Popular Entry.
Final judging took place between June 11 and June 14, 2013 with the global panel of 17 judges, from a range of photography backgrounds, gathering in Tokyo. Winners were selected based on their ability to tell a universal story, diversity, the strength of their message, creativity, and the techniques used.
Award-winning works from the Nikon Photo Contest 2012-2013 will be exhibited from August through to October at the following locations:
- Tokyo, Ginza Nikon Salon: August 28th to September 10th, 2013
- Osaka, Osaka Nikon Salon: October 3rd to October 16th, 2013