Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
X-Rite announce vipPAQ 2.0 - X-Rite have announced vipPAQ 2.0 – An inline colour management solution for flexography and gravure printing.
X-Rite, the leading provider of colour management and measurement solutions, today announced vipPAQ version 2.0, the upgraded inline multi-channel densitometric colour measuring system that optimizes production control and quality assurance in flexography and gravure printing.
vipPAQ version 2.0 is a modular inline solution that consists of up to four 9-channel densitometers with handheld-compatible optics, a controller, and system software. It is the only solution that can be installed on press, which is able to control the density of any spot colour, due to the various measurement channels distributed over the complete visible spectrum. With the new Import Tool application, reference values can be directly measured with an X-Rite handheld spectrophotometer or imported from other applications (e.g. from X-Rite InkFormulation), which helps to dramatically reduce set-up time for print runs. It also enables higher production speeds since there is no need to slow down the press for colour quality inspections. The result is 100% control over the print production process ensuring a real improvement in quality. vipPAQ thereby helps to increase the productivity and save ink and paper
“The upgrades to the vipPAQ system make one of the industry’s most powerful inline colour measurement solutions even more flexible and user-friendly,” said Christian Benz, Senior Product Manager for Pressroom Instruments, X-Rite. “With the new software, data can be easily managed within the prepress-printing workflow, which is essential for production control and quality assurance. We believe that this upgrade will add significant value for new users and for those who currently rely on the vipPAQ system for accurate and efficient results.”
For flexo printing, vipPAQ enables faithful and accurate ICC colour management by measuring optical density inline during the press run, allowing consistent reproduction of targeted printing conditions. Accurate spot and process colour control is an essential part of packaging production workflow. vipPAQ 2.0 is the only such complete solution available on the market.
The benefits of vipPAQ 2.0 compared to vipPAQ 1.4.6 include:
- New vipPAQ Import Tool to setup the references for the print run in any location within a network (e.g. in prepress). Reference values can be imported from other applications or directly measured with the X-Rite spectrophotometers SpectroEye and 530 and 939
- New vipPAQ Job Viewer application, to view and analyse measurement data of a print run on any PC in a network (e.g. in QA)
- Multi-trigger control element; splits the control strip when working with limited space
- Dot area value displays, to control halftone patches
- Continuous measurement without trigger marks, e.g. to capture data from a coating line.
- Alarm capability; option to connect alarm system (flashing light or sound) to host computer to increase visibility of out-of-tolerance warnings
- Supports the languages: English, German, French, Italian and Spanish
vipPAQ 2.0 reduces the setup time for print runs and enables users to identify potentially costly errors early in the workflow through real-time control of the actual print condition at the control console. It also eliminates the need to slow the run for quality inspections. vipPAQ 2.0 provides total control during the production process, allowing for consistent colour reproduction and easy location and removal of print run errors. For accurate future reprints, vipPAQ 2.0 records the exact print conditions and archives the job data for optimum quality control.
Contact your local X-Rite office for availability and pricing or visit the X-Rite website for more information.