Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Win An Exclusive Shoot With Clive Nichols! - Join Clive Nichols at Kew Gardens for a free photography shoot with Samsung Memory Cards.
This exclusive shoot will take place on Tuesday 17 April 2012. The day will start at 10am and will end at approximately 1pm. Clive will start by giving a short introduction before moving on to give you the opportunity to shoot a series of spring flower shots with your own camera and the Samsung Memory Cards that will be provided. You'll be able to ask Clive or ePHOTOzine's Technical Editor, Josh Waller, any questions you may have through out the shoot.
Josh will be also be recording the day's events for a feature on the site. He will shoot pictures of you in action and also talk to you about your experience with Samsung's Memory Cards. Of course, our feature will link to each photographer's portfolio so this is a great opportunity for some self-promotion. You'll also need to take your own camera, that supports SD or Micro SD, with you to the shoot.
Take a look at the write-up from last year's event for more information on what we'll be using the photos for: Seven Go Shooting With Samsung At The Bridge
If you want to be considered for this extra-special opportunity, please email the editorial department here: Contact Us, making sure your user name is included in the comment box. We will pick five photographers and contact them directly with more details of the day. The closing date for entries is 23 March 2012.
Samsung's new range of memory cards includes 2gb to 32gb cards and are available as class 4, suitable for HD recording (read 24mb/s, write 7mb/s upto 4gb), or class 6 ( 8GB and 16GB ) and class 10 ( 32GB) suitable for full HD video recording ( read 24MB’s write speed 13MB's) with a 5 year warranty.
About the Samsung memory you could be using
The Plus range also includes new class 10 cards suitable for full HD recording (read 24mb/s, write 21mb/s), with faster read/write times, and a full 10 year warranty. All cards have enhanced read/write speeds, and are all water, shock, and magnetic / xray proof.
All Samsung memory cards are 100% tested before they leave their factory, and feature a metallic cover, with the essential range available in silver, and the new plus range available in black.
Card types include:
- SDHC Plus - An ideal memory partner for cameras
- MicroSDHC Plus - Superior for mobile phones
- SD - Suitable for a variety of devices
- Micro SD - Excellent for mobile phones
You can also read ePHOTOzine's reviews of Samsung's latest memory cards here:
To be in with a chance of joining us, you must agree with the following:
Applying for this reader shoot is acceptance of these terms:
- You must be available on Tuesday 17 April 2012 and make your own way and at your own expense to Kew Gardens. Directions can be found here: Kew Gardens. Our event starts at 10am and ends approximately at 1pm.
- You must pay for your own travel expenses.
- Should you be one of the selected photographers your place on this challenge cannot be transferred to any one else. Nor can any additional friends be invited to the shoot.
- You agree to be photographed by us on the day and be featured, along with your images taken on the day at Kew Gardens, on ePHOTOzine without payment.
- You must use the Samsung Memory Cards you will be loaned for the shoot.
- You must bring your own camera and it must support SD or Micro SD.