Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Zeiss Releases More Info On Touit Lenses - Zeiss has released further information on its new range of Touit lenses, specifically the 12mm and 32mm, as well as mention of a 50mm macro.
Zeiss has released more information about its new range of CSC lenses.
The Touit range currently comprises of two lenses, with more on the way, including an f/2.8 50mm macro lens. They are all autofocus lenses designed for Sony NEX and Fujifilm X cameras. Zeiss says Touit lenses are "substantially smaller and lighter then compatible SLR lenses", allowing for a lightweight and more compact kit.
General Product Features of Zeiss Touit Range:
Outstanding image quality
- Excellent reflection reduction thanks to Carl Zeiss T anti-reflective coating.
- Advanced stray light reduction.
- Almost circular aperture with 9 blades, for especially harmonious rendition of highlights outside of the focal plane.
- Precise, durable mechanics with a low weight
- Complete compatibility with all Sony NEX and Fujifilm X camera functions (including reliable autofocus)
- Robust metal design for many years of use
- Grippy focus ring for precise manual focussing
- Innovative product design for excellent usability and the highest aesthetic demands
The Touit f/1.8 32mm is a standard focal length lens designed specifically with Sony NEX and Fujifilm X cameras in mind. Take a look at our f/1.8 32mm sample photos.
Fujifilm firmware will soon be available which will offer quicker autofocus capabilities.
Both of the lenses come with a specifically designed lens hood as standard, and will be available from 1 June 2013. Another Touit lens, the f/2.8 50mm macro, will be available by the end of 2013.
The f/2.8 12mm lens has an RRP of £959 and the f/1.8 32mm will be available for £702.
For more information, take a look at our Zeiss lenses FAQ article, and visit the Zeiss website.