Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Start: 01/07/2014 End: 31/07/2014Pentax K-3 DSLR + 18-55mm WR lens kit up for grabs to one lucky winner!
The Pentax K-3 is a flagship DSLR featuring a weather resistant body with 92 protection seals, a 24 megapixel stabilised CMOS sensor, advanced anti moire function, 86,000 pixel RGB exposure meter and 8.3 fps continuous shooting.
Show us images of weather affecting the landscape, weather in action and the aftermath of weather. It doesn't matter if the shot is a macro of raindrops in your back garden or a panoramic vista of a sandstorm in the Sahara desert, we want to see it all!
Two entries are allowed per person and the competition closes on 31 July 2014.
The Pentax K-3 is the flagship Pentax DSLR. It features a host of advanced functions and user-friendly features.
Brand-new 24 megapixel sensor
The K-3 has an APS-C CMOS sensor, and a newly developed PRIME III imaging engine that has high efficiency noise and image processing capabilities. It also has an anti-aliasing filter-free design delivering high resolution, fine gradation images.
Reduces moire as effectively as an optical anti-aliasing filter
The Pentax K-3 features the world's first innovative anti-aliasing simulator function, which applies microscopic vibrations to the image sensor, generating the same level of moire reduction as an optical anti-aliasing filter. This allows the user to switch the anti-aliasing filter effect on and off, as well as adjust the level of the effect.
Newly designed SAFOX 11 AF module
The SAFOX 11 AF module has 27 auto focus points, 25 of which are cross type sensors positioned in the middle. These make it easy to obtain pinpoint focus on the subject when using a large-aperture lens. The AF module is also very light-sensitive, allowing you to cover a wide AF working range of -3EV to +18EV.
Precision exposure control
The K-3 has a new Pentax Real-Time Scene Analysis System, which allows it to control exposure with extreme accuracy, using data from a light metering sensor to also enhance white balance adjustment and auto-focusing.
High-speed continuous shooting
With a maximum speed of 8.3 images per second, the K-3's high speed continuous focusing can record 22 images in RAW format and 60 images in JPEG format in a single sequence. There is a damper system that effectively minimises mirror shock, too.
Nearly 100% field of view
The K-3's optical viewfinder gives almost 100% field of view. The glass prism has a coating designed to improve reflectance, giving a brighter image. The eyepiece optics have been redesigned to assure 0.95x viewfinder magnification, making it easier to compose images.
Full HD movie recording
The K-3 offers creative tools for HD movie recording including being able to adjust the audio recording level manually and monitor sound levels. It has a stereo mic terminal for external microphone connection and a headphone terminal. Interval movie mode allows the user to capture a series of 4K resolution movie clips.
Smartphone support functions
The K-3 is smartphone compatible. You can install the Flu card for Pentax 16GB memory card in the K-3, you'll be able to release the camera's shutter, check the live view image and download the images recorded on the card using the smartphone or tablet.
3.2 inch LCD monitor
The large LCD monitor features 1,037,000 dots for a really clear view of your images. It has a protected tempered glass front panel and unique air gapless construction, reducing reflection. You can check images at life-size magnification, too.
Dust proof, weather resistant construction
The K-3 has a compact, solid body made from magnesium alloy. It can function at temperatures as low as -10 degrees c.
For more information on the Pentax K-3, take a look at the Ricoh Imaging website.
By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out on ePHOTOzine.
- Unfortunately, due to restrictions from the sponsor, only UK entries are eligible to win a prize, overseas members can enter if they have a UK postal address, ie. that of a friend or family member to where the prize can be sent if they win. ( Please update your portfolio with the UK address).
- The following people are excluded from entering the competition: (1) Direct and indirect employees, staff and their relatives of the supplier of the prize or prizes (2) The publishers of ePHOTOzine (3) Advertisers or sponsors of ePHOTOzine.
- Only two entries per competition are allowed per person.
- We reserve the right to remove images that have not been submitted correctly, ie too small. There isn't a maximum filesize or dimension restriction for entries.
- All entries must be submitted through the ePHOTOzine competition web page and will not be accepted via any other means, eg, post, fax or e-mail.
- No responsibility is accepted for incomplete entries due to server error or other causes beyond our control.
- One winning entry will be chosen, by an ePHOTOzine or guest judge. This will be the image which, in the judge's opinion is the most original and of highest quality and meets the theme. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ePHOTOzine reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegal entries.
- The prize winner will receive the prize as featured in the corresponding month's competition. There is no cash alternative to the prize as stated.
- The deadline for entering the competition is midnight (GMT) on the last day of the calendar month in which the competition is being held, unless otherwise stated
- The winner or winners will be notified by e-mail within 28 days of the end of the competition. Winner's details will be posted on ePHOTOzine within 28 days of the end of the competition.
- The winner must acknowledge his or her win within three weeks of being notified via email or the prize may be re-allocated to the next-placed winner.
- All entrants agree that their name and images can be displayed and used in promotion for future competitions on ePHOTOzine. The winning entry may be used by the sponsor as a promotional image. The terms of this would be agreed with ePHOTOzine and the sponsor before the prize is announced. By entering the competition you have confirmed you have authorised this.
- The name of the winner may be published on ePHOTOzine after he or she has acknowledged their win.
- We reserve the right not to hold a competition in any given month.
- ePHOTOzine only provides the means of entry to the competition and does not normally supply the competition prizes. The sponsors are therefore liable for the prize.
- We reserve the right to modify these rules without notice. (Last modified; 25th January 2010)