Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Lowest Price: £599.99Manufacturer's Description:
"The new SP AF180mm F/3.5 Di LD [IF] MACRO 1:1 is a medium telephoto lens that gives the user a longer working distance needed even in macro photography. In addition, to meet the needs of this dual-format world (silver-halide and digital), the optical system of the lens is designed to provide optimum performance when used with the latest digital SLR cameras that are becoming more popular than ever.
* Tamron's floating IF (Internal Focus) system provides this lens with both ease of use and superb image quality.
* Minimum object distance (M.O.D.) of 0.46m, 1:1 macro shots can be taken at a working distance of just 24cm from the front of the lens.
* Two LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements are arranged in such a way as to effectively compensate for the chromatic aberration that tends to be a characteristic problem of telephoto lenses.
* Superbly balanced optics ensure the achievement of both high contrast at the low wavelength end, and high resolution. Images are rendered with uniform sharpness from centre to periphery, resulting in excellent image quality.
* Reduced chromatic aberration ensured by the optics, and the 7-blade diaphragm, enables the same beautifully soft blurring of backgrounds (as Tamron's renowned SP 90mm Macro), a feature especially important to portrait and macro photographers.
* Rotation of polarizing filters is possible even with lens hood attached thanks to a new Filter Effect Control (FEC). Now, rotation of a polarizing filter can be accomplished even when a hood is attached by rotating the filter mount periphery.
* Focus ring switching feature enables one-touch AF/MF switching (Nikon and Canon AF versions only) by sliding the focus ring forwards or backwards. (Minolta version requires both lens and body AF/MF switching as in the past.) Moreover, while in the AF mode on all versions, the focus ring does not rotate during focusing operation.
* The lens' tripod mount enables one touch tripod attachment and release while at the same time greatly improving the grip for handheld shooting.
Are we missing a specification? Suggest a Specification