Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

?????

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    fatfranksfolley

Is it only me or is the concept behind the Vs mode in meed of an overhaul?
    If one has to select best of what ever one has to compare apples with apples.
    How does one choose the better pic when one has to choose between a naked lady or a damsel fly???
    Given the neked lady is going to win in any given demographic over the insect.And visa versa....a bird on a twig versus an abstract???
    In my view if one wants to have this type of contest...put like up against like.At least for two reasons...topic and what is required in both disciplines to create the best image one is able to capture at the time.
    AS a man a blue tit on a female beats a blue tit in the wild.
    Hold on before you get your knickers in a twist.All forms of photography have discipline unique to that form and as such need to be compared or judged within that context.Apples against apples.
    Having vented... one fact remains cream rises to the top.Lets just compare apples with apples.

If one has nothing better to do.................stir.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Feb 2013 - 12:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84292 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2013 - 6:46 AM

There were one or two comments (okay, 1013) made on the subject Here! Wink

Dave_E
    Dave_E  6125 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Feb 2013 - 10:14 AM

Quote: one fact remains cream rises to the top.

I heard this said by a speaker at a meeting one day at work and a voice from the back replied " Unfortunately so does scum" GrinGrinGrin

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2013 - 10:31 AM

GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

I'm staying well out of this one!

AdeWink

User_Removed
    2 Feb 2013 - 10:37 AM

Ade,

Can you put your name at the end of every post so that I can see it's from you just in case one day I somehow miss your avatar and the blue bold "Ade_Osman" that precedes your every post

Wink

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2013 - 10:40 AM

Just me being me Chris.....You know what I'm like Tongue I will try to refrain, but it's a habit I've gotten into because I sign off loads of other forums with it....

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 2 Feb 2013 - 10:40 AM
    Snapster
    Snapster e2 Member 2120 forum postsSnapster vcard England
    2 Feb 2013 - 10:40 AM

There are times when I view pictures in verses mode, that I do get plane v plane, car v car etc.
    Other times it seems to be totally random and sometimes the same picture comes up three times in row?
    If it is random how is that possible with so many pics on here?

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41056 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Feb 2013 - 8:09 PM

Still waiting to see some stats on how many are voting/how many votes being cast.

Another consideration is how the leader board is established. The current leader has 77 wins and 36 losses. One further down has 29 wins and only 5 losses, ie. only 2 out of 3 people vote for the first but 6 out of 7 for the latter (approx), should the latter not be the leading image?

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43956 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2013 - 8:36 AM

Quote: Still waiting to see some stats on how many are voting/how many votes being cast.

Another consideration is how the leader board is established. The current leader has 77 wins and 36 losses. One further down has 29 wins and only 5 losses, ie. only 2 out of 3 people vote for the first but 6 out of 7 for the latter (approx), should the latter not be the leading image?

I have also wondered about that point. The higher percentage of votes must count for something?

Last Modified By saltireblue at 3 Feb 2013 - 8:39 AM
    p12owe
    p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2013 - 9:35 AM

Quote: Still waiting to see some stats on how many are voting/how many votes being cast.

I have to agree with this one, the leader board as it stands is pretty meaningless, that said, you would still have to put a minimum number of votes against any "percentage won" table or every new image with just one winning vote and no losses would be at the top.

I think the whole thing is best kept and used as a bit of fun. I put all my images up for Versus mode just to see what I lose against. My own avatar currently stands at 99 (46.15% won), ie. more lost than won... probably about right as it is only a fun self portrait, however when you then click the Vmode to see what it came up against you wonder how anyone could objectively compare the diverse images.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.