Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

10 days of steep learning!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    olbell
    olbell  647 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2008 - 10:58 PM

Hi Guys,
    Joined 10 days ago and have been blown away with the quality of this site! There is so much happening all the time and i feel like it is teaching me alot already!
    Only got a digital SLR about 4 months ago but i am loving it! My main interests are landscapes and seascapes.
    I live near Guildford but am at Uni in Swansea finishing my final year!

Your comments and advice is always much appreciated.

Rgds Ollie

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    20 Jan 2008 - 10:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi Ollie, wlecome to the site, hope to see you around again soon

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:02 PM

What ho Ollie, Welcome to EPZ.....Glad your enjoying it......Tis a great site for learning and having a laugh as well.......Smile

Don't be afraid to jump right in on the forums, Ask questions.....Oh! And upload some pics...Put yourself around by commenting on others pics as well......Gets you known & introduces you as well......Smile

Good luck...& Enjoy the site.
    Vince

cameracat
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:03 PM

Whatcha Katy......Wondered where you where...Smile

MrsS
    MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:03 PM

Hi Ollie, welcome to EPZ! I can guarantee that your photogrpahy will improve 100% - - that is if I'm anything to go by!

Hope you enjoy yourself here, jump in and have a go, but do be careful - - it is VERY addictive! Wink

Fran x Smile

olbell
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:06 PM

Katy, Vince, Fran thanks for the 'Hi' and tips!

Ollie

cameracat
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:09 PM

Hey! Ollie.....Just had a quick look at your PF....Gotta say it's F A B......I'll be asking you some tips......Smile

EDIT; And as a side issue, My old school nickname was " Ollie " Don't ask why or I might have to tell you........Could be a long and boring night....LOL...Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 20 Jan 2008 - 11:11 PM
    olbell
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Vince, i will pass on the 'Ollie' bit then.

Also is there any tips on getting people to view/comment on my photos? Like times for submitting etc.

Thanks, Ollie

KathyW
    KathyW  111793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:21 PM

Hi Ollie welcome to epz.

I see you've already started on what promises to be a very impressive portfolio! Not bad for someone who's only had a dslr for a few months Smile

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Kathy

cameracat
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:32 PM

SSssss Funny you should ask that question Ollie, It's a question that gets asked a lot.....Even by those who have been on here a good while....Sad

There's no simple answer....It kinda goes like this, When the site is busy with uploads, Your image very quickly disappears down the pages, And can wind up 10 or 20pages back within a few hours.........On the other hand when the site is slower business wise......There's not so many people viewing.........Sad

It's kinda " Catch 22 " If you know what I mean.

I try to see as many as is possible in an alotted time.....Where possible I try to get back to the last image I viewed on my previous log on.

However this can be a daunting task.......Some times I get to page 30....And that takes ages, Even then I have not had time to view everything.

So my only real tip for getting yourself noticed, Is to get around the gallery, And comment on images that you genuinely like.....Smile

This way other get to see your comment, And sometimes ( Not gauranteed ) Go and have a look at your PF......If they like what they see, They may well comment Or vote....Smile

There is something on the site called Click fishing.......Don't get drawn into that....!

My above tip/suggestion means one thing, Your PF & images, No matter how far down the pages......Stand a better chance of being viewed......As you become known to other members.......Smile

Oh! Yeah click fishing....Is deliberately clicking on everything in the gallery, Or posting a forum asking for views........It may get you noticed, But it's not a popular practice.....Sad

From what I have seen on your PF, You will have no trouble becoming well known......Might take a little while.....But not long I reckon...Smile

EDIT; I see KathyW has some praise for you.......That is praise indeed, Just take a look at her PF.......And you'll see what I mean.......Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 20 Jan 2008 - 11:34 PM
    olbell
    20 Jan 2008 - 11:43 PM

Well that has answered my question! Thanks for the heads up on ePz goings on!

Much appreciated,

Rgds Ollie

Last Modified By olbell at 20 Jan 2008 - 11:44 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.