Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

10 years for snapping a bobby!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Already being discussed
    Bucephalas69
    17 Feb 2009 - 3:22 PM

Set to become law on 16 February, the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 amends the Terrorism Act 2000 regarding offences relating to information about members of armed forces, a member of the intelligence services, or a police officer.
    The new set of rules, under section 76 of the 2008 Act and section 58A of the 2000 Act, will target anyone who 'elicits or attempts to elicit information about (members of armed forces) … which is of a kind likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism'.
    The new laws are now in place and they allow for the arrest – and imprisonment - of anyone who takes pictures of officers 'likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism'.
    As a tog myself, i am all too aware of the damage that this will do to our civil rights. After all, who polices the police?
    Neither myself nor the BBC can film a public demonstration without fear of a 10 year stretch. Footage recorded by members of the public showing individuals being beaten by police will be shown.
    The police answer to nobody as it is, now they have a greater level of anonimity on the streets.
    Don't be surprised if the next time you are out with your family watching the town carnival with a pocket camera if your arrested, house searched, all computers seized and yes……. even if your released without charge they have your fingerprints and DNA for ever more.
    Thoughts?
    It's not a "fear", it's happening right now without these extra powers.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/photographers-criminalised-as-pol...
    http://www.channelm.co.uk/video_4x3.html?bcpid=1213934526&bctid=51725

Last Modified By Bucephalas69 at 17 Feb 2009 - 3:22 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Feb 2009 - 3:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1215518 forum posts England
    17 Feb 2009 - 4:04 PM

Here we go again..... Smile

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Feb 2009 - 4:07 PM

Quote: Neither myself nor the BBC can film a public demonstration without fear of a 10 year stretch.

But you can film these muppets. Wink

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Already being discussed