Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

1000d set to raw on camera but comes up as jpeg on pc

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jowilde
    jowilde  9 United Kingdom
    1 Oct 2009 - 7:41 PM

I am using windows vista 64 bit and I have installed all canon software off the cd and when I take a picture on my camera I set it as raw, when I put my memory card in my pc to transfer the files to my pc they are jpeg files????

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE ITS DRIVING ME MAD!!!

I contacted canon and they told me to remove all software and re-install using the latest software which I have done and it's still the same.

I work for Brother as a Technical support advisor supporting software and stuff so I've definitely installed the correct stuff canon have advised

I have looked on a few forums and people say raw files are not supported in windows vista 64 bit but there are programs to get around this, do you know of any, and does this sound like what's causing the problem I am getting????

Thank you for any help anyone can give me
    Joanne

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Oct 2009 - 7:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Cristian
    Cristian  9950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Oct 2009 - 8:02 PM

I recently bought a new PC running Vista 64 and have a Canon 300D.

Whilst, I had real trouble installing the software as it appears that the camera is no longer supported on this version of Windows.

Whilst I can't connect directly to the camera to control it or download images, I can still pop the CF card in my drive and transfer the RAW files.

Silly question, but you are definitely recording the images as RAW. Reason I ask is that I accidently switched my camera to a different "user" setting a little while ago and didn't realise until I spotted the jpeg files on the memory card.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    jowilde
    jowilde  9 United Kingdom
    1 Oct 2009 - 8:19 PM

Thanks Cristian - I have done what you said Doh!!! lol thanks for the advice, its often the simplest of things - in the menu it had large file next to raw and I thought I was selecting the raw file

Thanks again

Joanne

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.