Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

17-50 2.8 Tamron

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    annettep38
    annettep38 e2 Member 3186 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jan 2012 - 1:32 PM

I just bought one, did not go for the 'stabilized' version as I was warned by several articles.
    What can I say but: It actually has less CA than the Nikkor 18-55 it replaced, is as sharp and much brighter of course. And if you think you really need the stabilizer, look a the picture 'my birthday candle' in my PF, it was taken handheld at 1/15!

Conclusion: grab one while they are still around. IMHO a very useful lens with very minimal distortion.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jan 2012 - 1:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH
    GlennH  91918 forum posts France1 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2012 - 10:12 AM

Gets a vote of approval from me. At that price point I think it's one of the shrewder purchases for crop-sensor DSLRs - I use one with my 60D (also the non stabilised version).

Last Modified By GlennH at 13 Jan 2012 - 10:15 AM
    johneh
    johneh  7 England
    10 Oct 2012 - 8:26 PM

I tried the non stabilised version first and had slight focusing issues,so I thought I'd give the stabilised version a go, (I also like to take non-flash interiors). After I tried the VC version I was absolutely sold - superb sharpness and colour, and I am able to hand hold at 1/4 sec.

Just goes to show that if you get a good match between lens and camera, test results don't always tell the whole story in the real world.Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.