Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

17 year old drinking at private party

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Overread
Overread  63763 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 1:13 AM

Quote:
As an aside; the trainer manager that I trained with once advised me never to allow anyone to hold an 18th. or 21st. birthday party in my pub. He reckoned they more trouble than they were worth.

Worse thing is the random people that turn up to them chancing it on getting in and getting free drinks/causing trouble. My sister had a 21st and we had random people (its mostly similar aged youths and suchlike) trying to blag their way into the venue.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jan 2012 - 1:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JimL
JimL e2 Member 780 forum postsJimL vcard United Kingdom
10 Jan 2012 - 9:54 AM

Let her go!!

julesm
julesm  101698 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 9:58 AM

It's not about letting her go, as I certainly would, but the party will be run by us

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023026 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 10:08 AM

Whatever you do, do not let her or her friends mention the venue/date on TwitFaceSpace - unless you want to be faced with a bill for the re-building of the hall.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53623 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 11:03 AM

I half remember my mates 18th - 18 pints for each of us as an aim as it was his 18th - i think i made it.
You've got to let her do it, its part of growing up, but a ticketed event and a door policy, a published end time and an expulsion policy for drunkenness should help allay the worries of the other parents too.

User_Removed
10 Jan 2012 - 11:57 AM

Quote: TwitFaceSpace

Grin LOL @ Keith's grumpy old man name for the new-fangled stuff the younguns use Wink

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 12:41 PM

Quote: Quote: TwitFaceSpace

LOL @ Keith's grumpy old man name for the new-fangled stuff the younguns use

...are you allowed to say that here on eFACETUBEzine-r ?

Wink Smile Tongue

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 12:53 PM

Put it this way.....if its an 18th they will all be plastered. Remember what you were like at 18 and then double it......nowadays its the pot etc that you have to worry about.

From memory, alcohol will be sneaked in or stored outside.....just go with the flow and let them get on with it.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 1:09 PM

Put bouncers on the door too.........

User_Removed
10 Jan 2012 - 1:15 PM

I'd let her have it at a nightclub. You print the tickets the nightclub runs the party. Who they serve with alcohol is then up to them, they take care of the music and have bouncers to chuck out trouble-makers.

CathyT
10 Jan 2012 - 1:22 PM

Good idea ChrisL.....All the 17 yr old will get fake ID anyway so leave it for the nightclub to sort out.

User_Removed
10 Jan 2012 - 1:43 PM

If it's a private party they won't even need the ID. Aged over 14 they can go onto licensed premises. The nightclub can set what rules they like, over 14, over 15 etc.

julesm
10 Jan 2012 - 2:04 PM

Thanks all, a quick call to the local plod and they advise using a place with a licensed bar, so they become responsible for trying to make sure under 18s don't drink. Otherwise it will be us that's responsible.

Cheers
Jules

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014807 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2012 - 3:15 PM

we always used to do our birthdays in pubs too

actually, on my 18th, we did al 20 pubs in Clitheroe in 4 hours - a half in each doesn't sound to horrendous, but there was a lot of distance to cover as well as the drinking... including the dreaded yard of ale for me... most of which I wore due to poor technique!

Fair to say I was a proper mess at the end of that... .

and I've not learned from it... Wink

julesm
10 Jan 2012 - 9:45 PM

Smile yep they were the days

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.