Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

17mm adaptall

nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 4:27PM
does anyone have instructions on how to fit the nikon mount?
does anyone have drawings for this lens?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 4:35PM
Is it an Adaptall II mount lens you have? And do you have the mount?
If so you line up the two green dots and rotate the mount until it clicks and is locked. You also have to align the one or two coupling pins on the mount so they slot into the connections on the lens. If they're not in place when the lens is locked you can slide them round into place.
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 4:53PM
Thanks pete....
my main problem is that the lens is not fully ensambled.......
what I mean is that I need to close the lens before getting to that stage...
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 5:19PM
Ah right that's a different story.
There's a speeded up video of someone fixing a lens here. You can pause at any stage

It's not something I would ever attempt even with a repair guide (if Tamron actually let them lose).
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 5:33PM
Hi pete,
I've seen the video before.....
Tamron.....
if you live in the uk my advise is stay away from them....
the lenses are ok the service from intro2020 the "official distributor" a joke!!!
so if you ever have a problem it looks like you are on your own....first they degnied that the lens was a tamrom...then when I sent a picture they said that it was too hold.....when I asked for the drawings the told me to contact tamron directly...I did...tamron japan...still waiting for an answer two monts later....
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 5:40PM
Intro2020 are a very good, reputable company who've been in business for decades. I know them well.
Why is the lens in bits?
Few companies that I'm aware of will release drawings to anyone. Usually you have to be a repairer to get the technical diagrams.
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 5:54PM
Hi Pete,
I love old lenses, I use mainly old nikkors prime lenses and I bought the tamron one year ago very cheap as it had fungus;
I tought it would have been a nice project to clean it; I am an engineer; I did all my due diligence in taking notes and doing schematics while opening it, but I had to stop due to other commitments....when I got back to put it together it was several months later and I lost the notes.....:-(
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 5:59PM
usually you find people like yourself who have taken lenses apart have written a guide on the internet. Have a look around and maybe there's a better video than the one I linked to. Maybe another member of ePHOTOzine will have tried the same and can help.
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 6:09PM
Hi Pete,
I have looked quite a lot on the net for some kind of tutorial with no luck.....that's way i then got in contact with intro2020......and then here I am trying to find some help
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 6:11PM
Let's see if Tricia comes up with anything then. I realise you're in contact with her by email
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 6:17PM
Hi pete thanks.....and thanks to tricia
I have also left a comment on the tamron facebook site and it seams that they are going to investigate why i received such a bad service....
if you want to see what i do just search for nilofido on google and you'll get to my flickr page
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 6:25PM
Ok will do...and now you've found us and joined you could upload to our gallery. Smile
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 6:30PM
I have started creating a profile...
on flickr you can deactivate java so that pictures can't be downloaded...
how it is on ephotozine?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
20 Mar 2013 6:36PM
Right click disable doesn't really work because people can just override it or screengrab the photos. That said at basic level we have rightclick disabled.
We also have Pinterest disabled and we're about to add hotlink protection.
Nowhere is totally safe though. I even showed someone I could extract their higher resolution photos from a flash embedded slide show the other day.
nilofido 1 7
20 Mar 2013 6:42PM
fair enough.....
I know how to get around the flickr restrictions, and for what it is worth I only post at 96 dpi ( this for the better monitors) and the files are never more than 500k;
If some one is determined nothis is safe on the net.....but at least let's make it a bit difficult

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.