Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

1D Mark 2N fault

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    StevenPrice
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:30 AM

Halfway thru a final & this happens.

is my camera a goner ? any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 8 Oct 2007 - 10:41 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:30 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

samfurlong
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:46 AM

Probably fixable, send it to canon and see what they say. Even if it ends up costing you a grand to fix it is still worth having it done - either that or you can shell out 3 grand for a MKIII.

Last Modified By samfurlong at 8 Oct 2007 - 10:48 AM
    StevenPrice
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:49 AM

cant get the link to work for some reason but anyway what happened was that the is a thick wite stripe across the centre of all my shots now i tryed changing lenses swaping memory cards & even changing batterys but nothing sorted it any ideas what the problem could be

Steve

StevenPrice
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:51 AM

i like the idea of a Mark 3 but im affraid thats not going to happen thanks for the reply any m8.

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123897 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:53 AM

back to Canon I think; btw if it has been an issue with this model Canon may fix it FOC or at least at a reduced rate as happened to me recently with a camera well out of warranty.

samfurlong
    8 Oct 2007 - 10:55 AM

Generally if its terminal you'll know about it. I suspect that theres a processing error (does the same thing happen, in the same place on ever image by the way??) and the camera will just need a new imaage processing board or something - probably a few hundred quid. The very worst would be a new sensor at around a grand but if it were that then I would be surprised.

Sadly (for you) there has been no history of this sort of thing on the MKIIN's, I have used a pair of them since they were launched and so have most of the togs I know, and none of us know of any such issues.

Last Modified By samfurlong at 8 Oct 2007 - 10:57 AM
    StevenPrice
    8 Oct 2007 - 11:08 AM

thanks for the swift replys well good news is i have just remembered when i purchased the camera from jessops i let them do a protection plan for it Phew!! i hope its worth the paper its writen on, so have been told to package it up & a courier is picking it up from a company called vidicam tomorrow hope they are good & quick as i have the super league grand final to shoot next saturday somehow tho i think i might be watching it on sky now with a beer

samfurlong
    8 Oct 2007 - 11:25 AM

They'll fix it but they'll take AGES!! Expect to be without it for a month or more.
    If you have problems once the RPP expires then send it direct to canon - last time I had a camera serviced I sent it in on tuesday, had it back friday morning.

Last Modified By samfurlong at 8 Oct 2007 - 11:26 AM
    pcheywood
    pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
    8 Oct 2007 - 1:51 PM

Looks like a broken shutter.

Here's a couple of examples.

Example 1

Example 2

Paul.

p3asa
    p3asa  8676 forum posts Scotland
    8 Oct 2007 - 2:08 PM

Interesting to see Canon fixed the camera free of charge on the second example even although it was out of warranty. I wonder if he mentioned to them it wasn't that rare a problem according to the Internet?!

Steven.

StevenPrice
    8 Oct 2007 - 2:41 PM

thats it exactly in example 1 great info ty is a broken shutter an expensive thing to fix ? or do they replace it all together.

samfurlong
    8 Oct 2007 - 7:45 PM

They replace the unit, i think it's around 600 if you have to pay.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.