Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

1d mark Iv

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    sjk123
    sjk123  8286 forum posts England
    11 Mar 2012 - 4:17 PM

Hi,
    I'm looking at buying a 1dmk4 ,before i order one i would like to know if there are any known problems with this camera .?
    Whats the iso like ?
    does it have focusing problems like the mark 3?
    any advice welcome
    Thanks
    Simon

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Mar 2012 - 4:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

skydivemike
    11 Mar 2012 - 6:40 PM

Hi Simon,

I have been using the MK4 now for over a year and I have not encountered any issues. I can strongly suggest that you buy one. It's the best camera that i have. I also have the 5DMK2 and I prefer the MK4

Enjoy.

Mike.

sjk123
    11 Mar 2012 - 6:50 PM

Hi Mike.
    Thanks for the info .

sjk123
    24 Mar 2012 - 3:23 PM

well got it today ....
    not to sure if its me but the af seems to be off ...???
    out of 30 shots i took 1 was in focus .
    any help or advice please .

User_Removed
    24 Mar 2012 - 3:47 PM

Need some more information really. How many lenses have you tried and which one(s) didn't focus properly? What focal point (or group of) did you choose if at all?

Could a previous owner have set microadjustments in camera to fine tune one of his lenses and you are now using the same lens (but a different copy of it)? Have you tried reverting to factory settings?

sjk123
    24 Mar 2012 - 3:58 PM

hi chris ,
    its a 100-400 lens ai servo . and the camera is new . so when i got it today i done a factory reset and then went from there .
    the af system takes a bit of reading about so spent an hour reading up on it . just to make sure .
    the centre point was used with assisted points first . then turned the assisted points off with still no joy . then set all 45 points . same thing ,
    then took some static shots and some are ok but some the camera seems to be focusing past the subject . i can take the one down of the dog and put another one up to show you what is happening ?
    simon

User_Removed
    24 Mar 2012 - 4:12 PM

Sounds like a problem with the camera. It would be very useful to rule out whether the camera or lens is definitely to blame. Has your 100-400 been used before and has it got a good track record is there another lens you can borrow or try. Are the lens contacts clean / shiny? You needn't remove Smudge I can imagine the scenario.

Might be useful to set up on a tripod with static objects on a table and do some tests.

User_Removed
    24 Mar 2012 - 4:19 PM

I think you might find this very useful Simon. It talks about correcting back focus using micro adjustments for your set up

http://www.wildlifeimagesbyles.net/Technique/1DIV_focus_guide/1div_focus_guide.h...

sjk123
    24 Mar 2012 - 4:22 PM

thanks chris
    i will do some test shots tomorrow .
    i have used the 100-400 on my 5dmk2 with no problems , i do understand what you mean about that lens as i had to take my first one back .
    i have put my 24-105 and 16-35 on the 1d and got some good but more bad then good ..

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.