Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

$1m Porsche Advent Calendar

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

montechoro
montechoro  122340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 6:24 PM

This unique advent calendar for the one you love contains 24 luxury designer gifts - including a speedboat, a designer kitchen, a luxury watch etc etc.

Only one calendar per continent to ensure exclusivity.......

Porsche $1 million Designer Advent Calendar

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Nov 2010 - 6:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
28 Nov 2010 - 6:46 PM

( shakes head in disbelief... )

People have the money to buy these things and yet huge numbers of children live in abject poverty and misery around the globe...

( shakes head in disbelief... )

Last Modified By User_Removed at 28 Nov 2010 - 6:48 PM
montechoro
28 Nov 2010 - 6:47 PM

Lord Young must have advised them "We have never had it so good" Wink

montechoro
28 Nov 2010 - 6:49 PM

Mike I totally agree with the shallowness of this $1m Advent Calendar compared to people losing their homes and living in poverty.

The irony of offering this "gift" for sale defies belief in the current economic climate - which is why I posted it.

Last Modified By montechoro at 28 Nov 2010 - 6:54 PM
Jestertheclown
28 Nov 2010 - 7:10 PM

I take your point Mike but this isn't about anyone actually spending $1m. to buy this although, doubtless, people will.
It's just a huge advertising stunt on Porsche's behalf and most of what it's costing them will probably be tax-deductable.
And whilst the figures involved may seem obscene to us, it's probably only a week's wages for someone like Simon Cowell and I can't see him puting his hand in his pocket to help out a few million starving children. Can you?

montechoro
28 Nov 2010 - 7:13 PM

It's only a month's salary for some our highest paid footballers as well - less if you include sponsorship deals.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102188 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 7:18 PM

id buy one. if i had the money. simply to sell it on 10 yrs later and make some more money.

montechoro
28 Nov 2010 - 7:19 PM

I wonder how much a 2010 $1m Advent Calendar would sell for on flea-bay? Wink

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 7:23 PM

Simon Cowell actually does quite a bit for charity, including putting his hand in his pocket but I agree with Mike seems really obscene to do something like this at the moment. Now if it were for charity... well...

BigRick
BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 8:32 PM

Quote: Id buy one. if i had the money. simply to sell it on 10 yrs later and make some more money.

+1.... and why not.... if i had the money i wouldn't think twice.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 8:58 PM

We only have ourselves to blame for the way things are.....Sad

We feed money into the fat cats of the world on a daily basis, How they spend the fortunes they make is down to them, Lets face it, How would you like it if a sales assistant in the camera shop said " But Sir, Do you realise that the price of that " L " lens your buying, Could feed a starving family for 6 months " ....D

No, I doubt that would go down well.....Smile

But average Joe spending a grand on a camera lens, Is probably the equivalent of a multi millionaire buying a couple of his & hers Porsche's....!!!

Are we saying its alright for average Joe to buy his lens without conscience, But the multi millionaire should feel guilty for his purchase.....?

I'm not sure thats fair, But hell thats the society we have created for ourselves.....Wink

Quote: if i had the money i wouldn't think twice

Surely if you had that sort of money Rick, You'd be buying a " Ferrari " or two.....Smile Maybe even a nice little " Helicopter " great for avoiding the traffic jams......Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 28 Nov 2010 - 9:02 PM
BigRick
BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
28 Nov 2010 - 9:20 PM

Quote: We only have ourselves to blame for the way things are.....Sad

We feed money into the fat cats of the world on a daily basis, How they spend the fortunes they make is down to them, Lets face it, How would you like it if a sales assistant in the camera shop said " But Sir, Do you realise that the price of that " L " lens your buying, Could feed a starving family for 6 months " ....D

No, I doubt that would go down well.....Smile

But average Joe spending a grand on a camera lens, Is probably the equivalent of a multi millionaire buying a couple of his & hers Porsche's....!!!Are we saying its alright for average Joe to buy his lens without conscience, But the multi millionaire should feel guilty for his purchase.....?

I'm not sure thats fair, But hell thats the society we have created for ourselves.....Wink

if i had the money i wouldn't think twice

Surely if you had that sort of money Rick, You'd be buying a " Ferrari " or two.....Smile Maybe even a nice little " Helicopter " great for avoiding the traffic jams......Smile

Couldnt agree more.... its all relative really.... there is a guy my brother in law knows that has so much money (trader on the stock market) that he buys a new car every week. His latest, a Buggati Veyron.... git. Wink

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93505 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
28 Nov 2010 - 11:20 PM

....thank god we live in a democracy Smile

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
29 Nov 2010 - 7:04 AM

Fair points Vince, guess I wouldnt be too happy if I'd earnt it and someone told me I couldnt spend it how I wanted. Still seems a bit wrong at the moment though Wink

montechoro
29 Nov 2010 - 7:18 AM

I don't think anyone has a concern with people "earning" money - but is a man who kicks a ball for 90 mins a week really "worth" 1m a month compared say to a paramedic who actually saves lives during a 40 hour week?

It's the poverty gap that is the problem.

A democracy allows us to discuss such things openly.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.