Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

2 questions always on my mind

patters 10 1.8k 1 United Kingdom
29 Jul 2013 9:28PM
1 Photography has always got a couple of main subjects of interests above others, one of which is of naked or semi naked people, majority female. When I browse the galleries I often come across pics of naked ladies in really poorly lit/composed/exposed well, just crap really (subjective I know) pictures. Are the people who take these pictures photographers or just dodgy old geezers getting kicks from getting some young sort around to flash their bits?

2 Landscapes, when I look at some of the landscape pics, the really stunning eye catching ones, I think, yes, thats stunning, but I have never seen a scene like that in real life, is it real, or just a jumble of other images processed together and then to death?

Its a shame I cant show a couple of examples without upsetting anyone, and of course I understand this

Am I the only one?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 Jul 2013 9:31PM

Quote:1 Photography has always got a couple of main subjects of interests above others, one of which is of naked or semi naked people, majority female. ...

Should have started way before photography and just goes on - from cave paintings actuallySmile
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
29 Jul 2013 9:32PM
1. Sometimes.

2. No idea without an example but some are 'helped' along the way but you'll be told that its the final image that counts.
29 Jul 2013 9:36PM
Yeah, but cant give examples Keith without offending people, I've asked this of you before and you sent me a raw file, but it would need to be one of a pic posted in the gallery to compare etc
Thing is, i'd like to see the pic and say, OK, lets see the raw file
29 Jul 2013 9:37PM
and anyways, who gives a crap what I think ! Tongue
Rob Freem 12 91 France
29 Jul 2013 11:49PM
I agree 100%. I wonder myself why some one would want to take photo's of nothing but nude women and girls day in day out. ? Is taking pictures of nude women a substitute for being successful with women?
Or is it a way of demonstrating domination or power over women?

Also, a beautiful landscape should stand up for itself with perhaps a few minor tweaks and not trying to turn it into something that resembles another planet.
StrayCat e2
10 15.0k 2 Canada
30 Jul 2013 3:45AM
Deep thoughts, by Patters.Smile
30 Jul 2013 6:57AM
Just thank your lucky stars that there aren't too many pics of naked or semi-naked ladies flashing their wobbly bits in badly composed but stunningly over-processed landscapes yet.

Although that could just be the next big trend on EPZ ..........
SteveCharles 11 2.3k 18 England
30 Jul 2013 8:41AM
What on earth are you insinuating, Patters? That the motives of middle aged men paying to spend a couple of hours with a naked young woman half their age may not be entirely photographic? Surely not...
Gaucho e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2013 9:16AM
...or naked ladies macros...Sad
NaturesHaven e2
3 254 5 England
30 Jul 2013 10:01AM
Patters you are assuming that all photographers who take these pictures of naked women are men................let me enlighten you.......I am female, not a pervert, in my earlier career as a photographer I took studio images of naked women and shock horror naked men..............does this make me a dirty old geezer also...........the majority of the images I took were for commercial reasons and I took no sexual pleasure in taking them at all..............it was pure business.......most of the studio time was taken up with the technical side of the shoot...........GrinGrinGrin. I should point out that all my models were over the age of 18 and willing participants....SmileSmile

I still find it sad that this genre of photography is always looked upon as something dirty....or is just a British thing.........SmileSmileSmile

Just look at the work of Damien Lovegrove, Trevor Yerbury and EPZ members John Tisbury, RichSR and many others who produce stunning work.....it is beautiful to look at...........

Are you also saying the great artists and painters of centuries ago were perverts.................GrinGrinGrin
collywobles 10 3.3k 9 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2013 10:11AM

Quote: Is taking pictures of nude women a substitute for being successful with women? Or is it a way of demonstrating domination or power over women?

What planet do you live on. Naked ladies have been painted, sculpured and looked at since Genesis, and you think its all about dirty old men ogling females. yOU HAVE A DIRTY MIND......!
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2013 10:55AM
people keep using the word "pervert" like its a bad thing...
Gundog 1 624 Scotland
30 Jul 2013 11:07AM

Quote:People keep using the word "pervert" like its a bad thing...

Love it.
30 Jul 2013 11:09AM
Mind laundry would be completely unnecessary thing here Smile While not justifying OP author's ethically doubtful suggestions I see their position in slightly different light. Great masters of past and present left us with beautiful images of naked human body, but history shamefully sweeps under the carpet many more vulgar presentations of human nature. Unfortunately, many authors of this sort of pictures enjoy a strong shield of human sexual interest and taboos in standing for their "art". Honestly, can anyone say that they saw the same amount of constructive criticism of naked nature as they see of any other type of photography? As for landscapes - I find myself in disagreement with OP author. Memories in most cases are brighter than realities, and this may reflect in photographer's vision of the subject.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.