Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2011/2012 Football Thread

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2012 - 8:21 PM

Loads more football tomorrow Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jan 2012 - 8:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

Loads more defeats for us, The Toon. Krul has come out with the same remark, almost verbatim, as Andy Carroll did last year, " I am not leaving Newcastle."

Geoffphoto
2 Jan 2012 - 6:23 PM

Just when I was feeling a bit more optimistic !


Argyle 1 - Torquay (bloody) United 2


Back to the bottom......sigh !!!!!!!!!Sad

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
2 Jan 2012 - 9:33 PM


Quote: Krul has come out with the same remark, almost verbatim, as Andy Carroll did last year, " I am not leaving Newcastle."

What should the player say as to keep the fans happy btw? " I am not leaving Newcastle." seems like a good thing to say to me. Now whether events change his position only time will tell.

If Newcastle would have said no to the money, the Carroll would have still been there. If Newcastle get any offers for Krul, and they say no, then he will remain at Newcastle. Wink

If Liverpool wouldn't have offered such a stupid amount of money then Carroll would still be there. The way things have panned out so far, Toon fans should be looking back and laughing at that deal. lol

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2012 - 1:12 AM

More Rooney on his way rumours.

monstersnowman

Liverpool !! Now one of your fans is racially abusing a player ... so do you:

a) support him like you did Suarez - consistent at least.
b) condemn the fan for something no worse than Suarez and in doing so, confirm the hypocrisy and clear fact that league position and club performance is your only consideration and more important than dealing with racism.

I'm guessing b) Some might say Suarez's actions and the failure of the club to come out strongly against racist abuse has clearly done nothing to impress upon their fans that it is wholly unacceptable.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
7 Jan 2012 - 6:36 PM

If intent of the fan(s) was Racism, then he/they, need to be caught and prosecuted.

The Suarez situation is different and not as clear. The Suarez case was about one person's version of what happened versus another's, and he was prosecuted on the 'probability' of what transpired. I hope I'm never convicted of anything with such 'evidence'.

That case is over though, as Suarez has accepted his penalty. However, despite both the FA and Evra saying that they didn't think that Suarez was a Racist, the stigma stays with him, which is why he shouldn't have been found guilty without 100% proof and corroborative evidence. The FA have left themselves open to any he said/he said claims in the future, and if all they are going judge people on are probability rather than evidence, then chaos could ensue.

No doubt there are videos and witnesses of the abuse that the Oldham player received and the people will be found and dealt with in the appropriate manner. Whether or not criminal charges happen, he/they should be banned from Anfield as a matter of course. But that would be with evidence though, not just the 'probability' that they did something.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
7 Jan 2012 - 6:42 PM

Anyway, back to football. It doesn't look like there were too any shocks today. Sad Shocks are good when it's not your team. Wink

Oldham were playing better for most of the first half last night and Liverpool didn't look too good. I was fearing an upset, and if Liverpool had not equalised so quickly, I think that the end result could have been different. As it was, the result didn't reflect the balance of the game. That can be what happens when a Premier League team get enough chances. Most of the time. Wink lol

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9884 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 12:59 AM


Quote: More Rooney on his way

its his way of asking for a pay rise

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 12:31 PM

Scholes playing for Man Utd again.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
8 Jan 2012 - 3:51 PM


Quote: Scholes playing for Man Utd again.

Just shows Utd are down to bare bones with regards to squad depth. Lucky he didn't let himself go when he 'retired'. Wink lol

I missed the first half hour of the City v Utd game, but it was quite a good match. No way was it a sending off, and such things can change a game.

Last Modified By redhed17 at 8 Jan 2012 - 3:53 PM
monstersnowman


Quote: If intent of the fan(s) was Racism, then he/they, need to be caught and prosecuted.

The Suarez situation is different and not as clear. The Suarez case was about one person's version of what happened versus another's, and he was prosecuted on the 'probability' of what transpired. I hope I'm never convicted of anything with such 'evidence'.

That case is over though, as Suarez has accepted his penalty. However, despite both the FA and Evra saying that they didn't think that Suarez was a Racist, the stigma stays with him, which is why he shouldn't have been found guilty without 100% proof and corroborative evidence. The FA have left themselves open to any he said/he said claims in the future, and if all they are going judge people on are probability rather than evidence, then chaos could ensue.

No doubt there are videos and witnesses of the abuse that the Oldham player received and the people will be found and dealt with in the appropriate manner. Whether or not criminal charges happen, he/they should be banned from Anfield as a matter of course. But that would be with evidence though, not just the 'probability' that they did something.

I do see what you are saying redhed17 - seeing the fan banned and prosecuted tho will be viewed, certainly by me, with a big degree of irony whilst Suarez actually continues to don a liverpool shirt and represent the history, honour and glory of the club after a pretty horrible racially offensive outburst that he has 'admitted' to making whilst he represented his club in an internationally televised professional capacity. The two dont sit well with me and I have no doubt the club and fans will conveniently have a far bigger appetite for punishing a fan when it wont damage their league prospects.

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 8 Jan 2012 - 9:11 PM
spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2012 - 9:27 PM

Warnock fired.

Zatoichi
Zatoichi  5707 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jan 2012 - 11:03 PM


Quote: The two dont sit well with me and I have no doubt the club and fans will conveniently have a far bigger appetite for punishing a fan when it wont damage their league prospects.

Couldn't agree more. Therein lies the absurdity and corruption of football. Why are players and fans only punished in England?

Ps. What league prospects? Tongue

Gudgeon
Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
8 Jan 2012 - 11:39 PM

Monstersnowman

Can I begin by saying I am not in any way racist and abhor racism of any kind. However, unless you have managed to find more information on the Suarez case than I have read, isn't your phrase "a pretty horrible racially offensive outburst" a bit exagerated?
Everything I read suggests it was one word that was offensive. I don't condone it, but I have looked in the Oxford Dictionary which describes the word as being of Spanish/ Portugese origin from the latin meaning 'black' which is the term preferred in modern language by people of that race. The word itself is stated as 'sometimes offensive' in the UK and US. Since Suarez is South American, most of whom speak languages derived from Spanish/Portugese, is there not the possibility for misinterpretation over what was meant. If not, fair enough. I do however feel that 8 matches and 40,000 fine seems out of scale compared to Rooney's tantrum which was reduced so he could play for England (admittedly it wasn't racism by a word, it was physical violence against a person, not connected with a football action eg a tackle). Or for that matter the Terry situation which, if found guilty in a court of law will cost him a maximum of 4000 and no matches banned.

Kev

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.