Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2011/2012 Football Thread

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jaydee007
Jaydee007  634 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2011 - 8:46 AM

What do you expect from a second rate league run for the benefit of the big two with everyone else as also rans. I'm not a Spurs fan but they were great against second rate opposition. Celtic and Rangers joining the premier league no chance they're not good enough for the Championship

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Aug 2011 - 8:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59
21 Aug 2011 - 12:31 PM

Beat the Mackems at Stadium of Light. Big deal.
Looks like Andy Carrol and Enrique are still flops at Liverpool, - after 2 games. Yes I did prejudge them after one game. But if they were any good then L'pool would have been Arsenal 5-0, with Carrol getting 2 and HenryQ 1, to add the the 2 the scousers got.Wink

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2011 - 8:15 PM

Derby and Southampton maintain their 100% start to the season.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111548 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2011 - 8:45 PM

I've just heard that Arsene Wenger has been rushed to hospital....

...apparently he has a bad side Tongue

spaceman
24 Aug 2011 - 2:02 PM

Warnock pleased with Carling Cup exit

I can't stand that man.

spaceman
25 Aug 2011 - 11:38 AM

Fergie talks to the Beeb.

redhed17
redhed17  8658 forum posts England
25 Aug 2011 - 4:30 PM

Quote: Warnock pleased with Carling Cup exit

I can't stand that man.

Quite sad. As the Rochdale Manager said though, he didn't say anything before the match.

There are only three competitions to win domestically each year, and with all due respect to QPR, the title isn't one they need worry about. That leaves two they have a chance in, and to dismiss one of those seems very short sighted. Not only is it a cup to win, and there are not many managers and players who actually win something during their careers, but it also gets you into Europe. No doubt he would be one of those idiots who would say that they didn't want the hassle of Europe should they be good/lucky enough to get there.

I'm glad Liverpool took it seriously, and had a good result. We are the record holders for the League Cup, so should always give it the respect it deserves. Smile As should everyone else imho.

spaceman
25 Aug 2011 - 10:33 PM

When he was at Sheffield he used to field weakened sides in cup ties. He doesn't give a toss about anything that doesn't come with points attached.

Anyway, calamity for Scottish football tonight. However, Shamrock Rovers knock out Partizan Belgrade to go through to the group stage. Smile

spaceman
28 Aug 2011 - 6:37 PM

"Humiliation" seems an inadequate way to describe Arsenal's defeat.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2011 - 6:38 PM

Can't see Wenger staying there much longer at this rate........What a walloping!

Ade

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111548 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2011 - 6:47 PM

Quote: What a walloping!

Pah! Eight lucky goals, it was fortunate for United the game ended when it did.

Wibble

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
28 Aug 2011 - 7:00 PM

Grin A good day football wise for Manchester........One day one of the Bristol clubs will be as good, don't know if it will happen in my lifetime though.....LOL

Ade

spaceman
31 Aug 2011 - 12:44 PM

Transfer deadline day. I'm anyone's for a fiver.

polis_928tadw59

I see the wonderful Andy Carroll is now sitting on the bench for games. For the price they paid for him he should be lying on a king sized bed, at the side of the touchline.Tongue
And what about the Toon, playing badly and scoring. Not beaten, as yet. The fateful day will arrive soon. Man U. 8 Arsenal 2. Newcastle 0 Arsenal 0. Therefore, that makes us better than the Reds, as we did not concede a goal against the Gunners. It's a funny old game, as Jimmy Greaves used to say.

redhed17
redhed17  8658 forum posts England
31 Aug 2011 - 9:22 PM

Quote: I see the wonderful Andy Carroll is now sitting on the bench for games. For the price they paid for him he should be lying on a king sized bed, at the side of the touchline.Tongue

If Liverpool keep on winning, I don't care if he's sitting at home watching the telly. Berbatov can't get into the Utd team, and he cost 30m three years ago. Nobody says a word because Utd are winning more often than not. Carroll was always going to be difficult to integrate into the Liverpool team, firstly because he came in injured, (and which I don't think he's quite over), secondly because he had to fit into the Liverpool team, rather than have the team working for only him as the cutting edge, and also because Suarez has started at 100mph straight from the start, Carroll has to fit in with Suarez, and also fit into a faster game, with faster thinking players. Until he is 100% fit, he will always look to be struggling, and may be an impact player from the bench until then.

I would like him to look a bit more excited when he scores though. That is supposed to be the best thing isn't it? Henderson looked happy enough with his goal.

Quote: And what about the Toon, playing badly and scoring. Not beaten, as yet. The fateful day will arrive soon. Man U. 8 Arsenal 2. Newcastle 0 Arsenal 0. Therefore, that makes us better than the Reds, as we did not concede a goal against the Gunners. It's a funny old game, as Jimmy Greaves used to say.

Ah!, crazy logic. Whatever gets you through the day/week/season. Wink Grin lol

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.