Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2011 ePHOTOzine wishlist

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95956 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 12:38 PM

ah but some tits are better than others and it'd be a shame to remove some of them Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jan 2011 - 12:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 12:44 PM

My point as well Alison. Sometimes the shots are just gratuitous and the comments left can make you feel somewhat grubby, they just seem to have had no thought about the actual taking of the shot, just pointing a camera at a woman and with no thought about how the model is posed to make the best of them, no thought about light or background either.
But then there are some photographers out there doing really artistic work which is a real treat to see.

Rob_Taylor
Rob_Taylor  10659 forum posts Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 12:50 PM

In the days before EPZ, when I used to buy and read photo mags I used to love the articles where readers would be chosen to do an assignment or photo essay. They would present a selection of images: usually a best image which would be accompanied by smaller, supporting images. I used to love taking the supporting images, they would be something different but also complimentary to the main picture such as detail shots, macro shots, close crops, B&W, shallow DOF, etc. It was a great fun way of experimenting.
Since I started using EPZ, I used to carry on taking these type of shots but had nowhere to put them as they were not strong enough (nor were they meant) to stand alone. It seems more recently I've got out of the habit of taking those type of shots all together.

I'd like to see a facility to view a main image accompanied by supporting images on the same page.
Would give photographers more to think about when out and about shooting locations.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 1:00 PM

Quote: I'd like to see a facility to view a main image accompanied by supporting images on the same page.
Would give photographers more to think about when out and about shooting locations.

Rob that's exactly what the versions gallery is for. You upload the main shot and in the background add the supporting pics Smile

Rob_Taylor
Rob_Taylor  10659 forum posts Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 1:14 PM

Point taken Pete but in my experience people don't take them as supporting pics, more as alternative pics and you get comments such as "I like versions 1 and 4 best"
Whereas with this:
seasonal-snipperts.jpg
the smaller pics compliment the main picture.
Dare I say it ...a seperate gallery for photo assignments/photo essays? ....we all know there are not enough galleries! Wink

Brian_Scott
Brian_Scott e2 Member 442 forum postsBrian_Scott vcard United Kingdom27 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 1:45 PM

When doing Mods on other people's work you should be able to view it large like you can on the main image itself instead of a little box opening up that doesnt show the image to its full potential.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014708 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2011 - 1:46 PM

NIce idea with the assignments

Quote: Dare I say it ...a seperate gallery for photo assignments/photo essays? ....we all know there are not enough galleries!

Well I'll surprise you here by saying that "Groups" are ideal for this. Wink

1 - Create a group called "Photo Essays" (or whatever you want to call them)
2 - For each new "Assignment", create a new Forum Thread
3 - In the forum thread, upload each supporting shot along side your commentary

Simples

The advantage of doing it in a "Group" is that you can keep all the photo essay threads in one place - no need to go searching through the 1000's of other threads.
The Forum now allow you to upload 1-n photos in a thread, so you can post literally hundreds of supporting photos

ade_mcfade
1 Jan 2011 - 1:47 PM

Oh - a wish

I wish we could upload Mods to images in the Group Galleries

digipix76
digipix76  7577 forum posts England
1 Jan 2011 - 1:55 PM

How about asking the more experienced members to make video tutorials?

ade_mcfade
1 Jan 2011 - 2:14 PM

Quote: How about asking the more experienced members to make video tutorials?

do you mean recording what they do in Photoshop - or actually taking a camcorder out and filming and then editing the movie?

The former wouldn't be too hard, but the latter takes an age to do well - and if you get others involved, it's pretty pricey too.

If you've seen Damien Lovegrove's DVD's, he has 3 people filming him AND a boom operator to record the sound.

digipix76
1 Jan 2011 - 2:27 PM

The Latter Ade! It doesn't need to be anything more than a few word intro, location, then explaining the how the tog sets up etc. Then back home, how the shot is processed.

digipix76
1 Jan 2011 - 2:38 PM

Or what about the epzTV team following certain members for a day? same criteria! I'm sure people would rather watch valued members and how they work rather than getting videos from outside sources.

ade_mcfade
1 Jan 2011 - 2:40 PM

Quote: The Latter Ade! It doesn't need to be anything more than a few word intro, location, then explaining the how the tog sets up etc. Then back home, how the shot is processed.

well that is the stuff of workshops Wink

if we started doing that, we're probably doing ourselves out of money to pay the mortgage and important stuff like that - sad but true Sad

Last Modified By ade_mcfade at 1 Jan 2011 - 2:41 PM
digipix76
1 Jan 2011 - 2:43 PM

Quote:

if we started doing that, we're probably doing ourselves out of money to pay the mortgage and important stuff like that - sad but true Sad

....Works both ways me thinks! Think of the exposure new pros would get Wink

ade_mcfade
1 Jan 2011 - 4:02 PM

.... maybe Wink

could do "teaser" videos, where you tell 80% of the story, then say "if you want to see how to complete this, book me for a 1/2 day workshop" Wink

Last Modified By ade_mcfade at 1 Jan 2011 - 4:31 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.