Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 3:43 PM

Can't help feeling that the new football season has a feeling of "after the lord mayor's parade" following the jaw-dropping excitement and splendour of the Olympics.

Better than nothing I suppose Wink

As you were.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Aug 2012 - 3:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 4:54 PM

Team GB were fantastic, what a Games.

Now for the relentless march of Team Man City, start with the Shield and more trophies to follow.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43607 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 5:08 PM

Quote:
Now for the relentless march of Team Man City, start with the Shield and more trophies to follow.

They'll fall at the first hurdle...home to Saints...how embarrassing that will be for the blue side of Manchester, losing at home in the first match of the season.GrinGrinGrin

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3648 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 5:10 PM

Saltireblue, those days are long gone, no slip ups against the small clubs

spaceman
15 Aug 2012 - 7:15 PM

Fabrice Muamba retires from football at the age of just 24.

redhed17
redhed17  8639 forum posts England
15 Aug 2012 - 9:19 PM

I'm a bit meh about the coming season. :-/ After seeing how hard the Olympic Athletes tried to succeed, how humble they seemed to be, and how much it all meant to them to win and lose, the attitude and work ethic of football players, and how poor most of the games are leaves me a bit underwhelmed atm. Maybe that will change when the season starts. I hope so.

But I'm watching the England game at the moment, and thinking why have a game now? And then, why play players who can't even get into the team they play for? And who's he, playing for England? lol

Like the GB footy team though, I find it hard to care.

Quote: Saltireblue, those days are long gone, no slip ups against the small clubs

Oh to get so arrogant so quickly. :-/ Were Sunderland small enough for City last season? How about Swansea? If Utd can lose to Blackburn and Wigan, then anyone can beat anyone on their day, and best not to get too cocky. Wink

Time will tell I suppose.

Sad about Muamba, but not a huge surprise. Lucky to be alive, best not to push it. Wink

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43607 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 9:22 PM

Quote: Saltireblue, those days are long gone, no slip ups against the small clubs

We'll see, Westlands, erm sorry, Eastlands.Wink
Come the day come the man. Nothing is guaranteed no matter how much they paid for the team.

Malc

rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3281 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2012 - 9:25 PM

Usual posturing from childish soccer fans begins...

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72497 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
15 Aug 2012 - 9:34 PM

Come back olympics...only thing "our" football team managed to do was lose on penalty shootouts...again..sadly bbc 5live is already concentrating on players "tweets" or something..and managing to spend 20 minutes analysing in-depth debate about some manager or other's choice of players..
Roll on the paralympics..relief from inane and endless discussions about vastly overpaid prima-donnas of the football world..etc..

saltireblue
15 Aug 2012 - 9:37 PM

Quote: Usual posturing from childish soccer fans begins...

Childish comment.

spaceman
15 Aug 2012 - 11:22 PM

Quote: Can't help feeling that the new football season has a feeling of "after the lord mayor's parade" following the jaw-dropping excitement and splendour of the Olympics.

That should of course be "splendor". There was nothing dour about it. Smile

spaceman
16 Aug 2012 - 12:38 AM

Actually, I was right the first time. I'm going to bed.

Eastlands
16 Aug 2012 - 7:20 PM

As expected the muppets over reacted to a tongue in cheek comment, over forty years of following City and I know what it is to shoot yourself in the foot, I expect the new season to bring its ups and downs but mostly ups these days.

iainhamiltonphotography

anyone interested in joining this seasons fantasy league, ive set a league up join if you want Smile code is 1531705-342696

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/342696/standings/

Iain Smile

Eastlands
17 Aug 2012 - 7:41 PM

Iain, just signed up under the Team name Maine Marvels, let the games begin.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.