Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

woodlark
woodlark e2 Member 10522 forum postswoodlark vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
17 Aug 2012 - 7:48 PM

Im in.....see if anyone can actually get close to Tommie this year Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Aug 2012 - 7:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
18 Aug 2012 - 9:52 PM

Some interesting results today.

Goals, goals, goals. Smile

For some. Sad lol

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2012 - 12:03 AM

Well I'm quite happy today .... Spurs and Liverpool beaten (sorry redhead). Let's hope city don't spoil the party by losing tomorrow. Am pretty certain this season will be every bit as tough as the last now united have Van Persie but hopefully we won't have any star players on extended golfing holidays this time and whoknows, Ya Ya may possibly not go to the African Nations ;0)

redhed17
19 Aug 2012 - 2:10 AM

I can see Van Persie reverting to type and getting injured. Wink Last year showed what he can do when he is fit, it's just that he's normally not fit for that long. lol

monstersnowman
19 Aug 2012 - 4:49 AM

Yes, he has really had 2 very good seasons and has a history of injury BUT united do seem to bring out the absolute best in people. I rank Wenger as a great manager despite lack of silverware and Ferguson and staff somewhat better so if he can do it at Arsenal I expect slightly better at Manure (unfortunately). It is just a case of Mancini keeping a team spirit and strength together and building on last season with hopefully now with the addition of a full season with Tevez and maybe even having Ya Ya Toure rather than losing him to a repeat year of what is normally a bi-annual Africa Nations Cup. Its gonna be interesting and I for one dont think for one second that City and their money have first or even second sewn up.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43820 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2012 - 8:08 AM

Quote: Let's hope city don't spoil the party by losing tomorrow.

Over here, Saints are 17-1 for the win and 9-1 for the draw so I've put a hard-earned NOK50 (5) on each of those results in a couple of little accumulators.
Putting my money where my mouth is, in other wordsTongue

Malc

Geoffphoto
19 Aug 2012 - 11:04 AM

I see Argyle lost again !!! sigh............................nothing changes Sad

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43820 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
19 Aug 2012 - 8:32 PM

Well Man Shitty didn't exactly impress. Saints have nothing to worry about based on this performance. Having said that, I was surprised to see the home side seemed so unwilling to attack and take the game to Saints. They only woke up after Saints showed them they weren't a push-over and scored a couple. [u]Then[/u] they played football They didn't show much passion and desire. They won't retain their title based on this. Saints will stay up though.

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 19 Aug 2012 - 8:35 PM
spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 11:16 AM

That's an awful lot of assumptions based on one match Wink

saltireblue
20 Aug 2012 - 11:20 AM

Quote: That's an awful lot of assumptions based on one match Wink

Ain't it just.Smile

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111531 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2012 - 7:01 PM

Apparently Van Persie's house has been burnt down.

The police suspect Arsene.

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 20 Aug 2012 - 7:01 PM
redhed17
20 Aug 2012 - 10:14 PM

Pains me to say it, but well done Everton for beating Utd.

I've never seen Fellaini play so well for Everton, not that I have see him play too often. Wink lol

I was watching a bit of it to see how Van Persie would fit in. Unfortunately he didn't start. Sad And when he did come on, I don't think he had a touch of the ball, from what I noticed.

If we're extrapolating the season from one game, then Utd may be dicing with Liverpool and Villa to go down with Norwich and QPR. Lol

saltireblue
21 Aug 2012 - 5:55 AM

Quote:

If we're extrapolating the season from one game, then Utd may be dicing with Liverpool and Villa to go down with Norwich and QPR. Lol

Well, Utd have been relegated before (who mentioned Dennis Law?)Wink

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104009 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 7:33 AM

A quote from the DM

Quote: There were too many players a yard off the pace and they never looked capable of upping the ante.

Rooney didn't look match fit, and Scholes tried hard though I suspect he's a season too many. Was very impressed with the new Japanese player Kagawa...a great buy Smile

Unfortunately for Everton, Fellaini probably won't perform like that again for the rest of the season, but they worked very well as a team...never going to win anything big, though Sad

Last Modified By cats_123 at 21 Aug 2012 - 7:33 AM
redhed17
21 Aug 2012 - 12:31 PM

Quote: Well, Utd have been relegated before (who mentioned Dennis Law?)Wink

And didn't he look happy doing it! Not. Wink

Quote: Unfortunately for Everton, Fellaini probably won't perform like that again for the rest of the season, but they worked very well as a team...never going to win anything big, though Sad

Even before I saw your avatar I thought 'meeow'. lol

Depends what you mean by big. The League and FA cups are there to be won by anyone. :-/ And Everton have won the FA Cup more than most. Wink

Not that I want them to win anything of course.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.