Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

2012/2013 Football Thread.

woodlark e2
10 538 1 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2012 7:48PM
Im in.....see if anyone can actually get close to Tommie this year Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

redhed17 9 680 England
18 Aug 2012 9:52PM
Some interesting results today.

Goals, goals, goals. Smile

For some. Sad lol
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
19 Aug 2012 12:03AM
Well I'm quite happy today .... Spurs and Liverpool beaten (sorry redhead). Let's hope city don't spoil the party by losing tomorrow. Am pretty certain this season will be every bit as tough as the last now united have Van Persie but hopefully we won't have any star players on extended golfing holidays this time and whoknows, Ya Ya may possibly not go to the African Nations ;0)
redhed17 9 680 England
19 Aug 2012 2:10AM
I can see Van Persie reverting to type and getting injured. Wink Last year showed what he can do when he is fit, it's just that he's normally not fit for that long. lol
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
19 Aug 2012 4:49AM
Yes, he has really had 2 very good seasons and has a history of injury BUT united do seem to bring out the absolute best in people. I rank Wenger as a great manager despite lack of silverware and Ferguson and staff somewhat better so if he can do it at Arsenal I expect slightly better at Manure (unfortunately). It is just a case of Mancini keeping a team spirit and strength together and building on last season with hopefully now with the addition of a full season with Tevez and maybe even having Ya Ya Toure rather than losing him to a repeat year of what is normally a bi-annual Africa Nations Cup. Its gonna be interesting and I for one dont think for one second that City and their money have first or even second sewn up.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
19 Aug 2012 8:08AM

Quote: Let's hope city don't spoil the party by losing tomorrow.

Over here, Saints are 17-1 for the win and 9-1 for the draw so I've put a hard-earned NOK50 (5) on each of those results in a couple of little accumulators.
Putting my money where my mouth is, in other wordsTongue

Malc
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
19 Aug 2012 11:04AM
I see Argyle lost again !!! sigh............................nothing changes Sad
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
19 Aug 2012 8:32PM
Well Man Shitty didn't exactly impress. Saints have nothing to worry about based on this performance. Having said that, I was surprised to see the home side seemed so unwilling to attack and take the game to Saints. They only woke up after Saints showed them they weren't a push-over and scored a couple. [u]Then[/u] they played football They didn't show much passion and desire. They won't retain their title based on this. Saints will stay up though.

Malc
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
20 Aug 2012 11:16AM
That's an awful lot of assumptions based on one match Wink
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
20 Aug 2012 11:20AM

Quote:That's an awful lot of assumptions based on one match Wink

Ain't it just.Smile
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
20 Aug 2012 7:01PM
Apparently Van Persie's house has been burnt down.

The police suspect Arsene.
redhed17 9 680 England
20 Aug 2012 10:14PM
Pains me to say it, but well done Everton for beating Utd.

I've never seen Fellaini play so well for Everton, not that I have see him play too often. Wink lol

I was watching a bit of it to see how Van Persie would fit in. Unfortunately he didn't start. Sad And when he did come on, I don't think he had a touch of the ball, from what I noticed.

If we're extrapolating the season from one game, then Utd may be dicing with Liverpool and Villa to go down with Norwich and QPR. Lol
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
21 Aug 2012 5:55AM

Quote:

If we're extrapolating the season from one game, then Utd may be dicing with Liverpool and Villa to go down with Norwich and QPR. Lol

Well, Utd have been relegated before (who mentioned Dennis Law?)Wink
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
21 Aug 2012 7:33AM
A quote from the DM

Quote:There were too many players a yard off the pace and they never looked capable of upping the ante.

Rooney didn't look match fit, and Scholes tried hard though I suspect he's a season too many. Was very impressed with the new Japanese player Kagawa...a great buy Smile

Unfortunately for Everton, Fellaini probably won't perform like that again for the rest of the season, but they worked very well as a team...never going to win anything big, though Sad
redhed17 9 680 England
21 Aug 2012 12:31PM

Quote:Well, Utd have been relegated before (who mentioned Dennis Law?)Wink

And didn't he look happy doing it! Not. Wink

Quote:Unfortunately for Everton, Fellaini probably won't perform like that again for the rest of the season, but they worked very well as a team...never going to win anything big, though Sad

Even before I saw your avatar I thought 'meeow'. lol

Depends what you mean by big. The League and FA cups are there to be won by anyone. :-/ And Everton have won the FA Cup more than most. Wink

Not that I want them to win anything of course.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.