Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
21 Dec 2012 8:47AM
Did you see that the rehearsal and the live draw for the Champions League produced identical team pairings? According to Metro this was at odds of 5000/1. Weird. Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
21 Dec 2012 9:22AM

Quote:Did you see that the rehearsal and the live draw for the Champions League

mmm
Why did they need a rehearsal in the first place ?

Is it that difficult to pick the balls out of " the hat ", so to speak ! !
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
21 Dec 2012 10:11AM

Quote:Is it that difficult to pick the balls out of " the hat ", so to speak ! !

It was ex-footballers that were doing it - nuff said. Wink
redhed17 9 666 England
21 Dec 2012 1:31PM

Quote:Is it that difficult to pick the balls out of " the hat ", so to speak ! !

Didn't Fabrice Muamba read the wrong number off one of the balls during the FA Cup draw? Shows that even with rehearsal it can go wrong. Wink

I would have expected the odds to be larger than 5000/1 of a repeat draw. :-/ But then I'm no mathematician. Grin

With regards Liverpool's draw in the Europa League, I think Liverpool's black players may have a rough time with the Zenit fans after a large proportion of them 'demanded' that their team be all white and gay free . I can't see those that were behind that will be tolerant of opposition players that they wouldn't want in their own team. :-/ Hopefully the matches will go off without incident.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
29 Dec 2012 12:11PM
A different type of story but it is football related

Canvey Island FC
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
29 Dec 2012 10:31PM
If it were life-sized I'd be impressed. Smile
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
3 Jan 2013 5:58PM
Balotelli and Mancini in training ground bust-up.

More pictures.
redhed17 9 666 England
3 Jan 2013 10:30PM
Don't know how often this type of thing goes on on training grounds, but Mancini seems a pushed a bit far by Balotelli. :-/

It will be interesting to see if, and how, they address the pictures.
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
4 Jan 2013 5:23AM
Like I have said for some time ... Balotelli needs to go ... I wonder how Fergy would manage him - maybe he would not even contemplate it though. I will be glad when he is gone. Tevez caused problems but he was a whole different proposition. His had a big one-off blip and at least now he is here we know he is reliable, consistent and gives 100%, not moody, not volatile or a liability and wants the TEAM to win ...
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
5 Jan 2013 2:39PM
Didn't take long for the first upset of the 3rd round.

Brighton 2 Newcastle 0
mcgannc 5 389 3 England
5 Jan 2013 3:00PM
Think it may have been more of an upset if it was the other way around Wink
redhed17 9 666 England
5 Jan 2013 4:24PM
Newcastle's form seems to have got worse since they gave Pardew his very long contract. :-/ That may have coincided with lots of injuries as well though. Wink

I only saw the last half hour of the game, but it was all Brighton. It was then apparently against the 10 men of Newcastle, having had Shola Ameobi sent off, but then they said at the end that the 10 men played better than the 11 that started.
mcgannc 5 389 3 England
5 Jan 2013 4:50PM
Yep, they were poor with 11 men...couldn't get the ball of Brighton.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
5 Jan 2013 5:03PM
Bloody Macclesfield. Bah.
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
5 Jan 2013 7:09PM
LMAO watching West Am v Manure with seconds to go and the Hammers winning. Their fans are singing loud ... And I just laugh to my son that thy are fools, singing loud as winners as you enter Fergy Time ... Lol .. Sure enough, seconds after 90 mins .. Equaliser lol .. You have to respect Manure for getting these injury time goals ...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.