Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2013 - 8:29 PM

There's such a thing as a full time Chelsea manager?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Jan 2013 - 8:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman
18 Jan 2013 - 4:58 PM

Unbelievably, Nigel Adkins has been sacked.

WTF is going on?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 5:34 PM

Quote: Unbelievably, Nigel Adkins has been sacked.

WTF is going on?

WTF? Unbelievable! Why?
He's done a brilliant job and the team are just beginning to return good results - only 2 losses in the last 12.
Jeez, what a midland banker than chairman is.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 18 Jan 2013 - 5:35 PM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 10:15 PM

Not only Southampton, who some pundits are now hoping get relegated, but Forest. One point off the play-offs and they have not only got rid of the manager,but some of the dedicated backroom staff tooSad

I know there is no loyalty in football anymore, but instant sucess isn't an option.
Even Man U were on the point of sacking their manager, before a FA result against Forest saved his bacon - look what happened nextSad

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2013 - 10:21 PM

Forest's loss, Bristol City's gain and lets face it City need all the help they can get at the moment Tongue

Ade

Cephus
Cephus  92128 forum posts England
18 Jan 2013 - 10:23 PM

Quote: Unbelievably, Nigel Adkins has been sacked.

WTF is going on?
WTF? Unbelievable! Why?
He's done a brilliant job and the team are just beginning to return good results - only 2 losses in the last 12.
Jeez, what a midland banker than chairman is.

And two promotions!!

I hope they go down screaming.

Snapper
Snapper  93751 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jan 2013 - 12:46 AM

Interesting post on the BBC website on the Nigel Adkins situation as follows (post 2342!) and look at the poster!:

Tavistock Institute of Human Relations
11 Minutes ago

Looking through the amazing amount of comments here today I have noticed that there are posts from supporters of every Premier League team and a good deal of the Football League teams in disgust of this sacking and support of Nigel Adkins.
Now that is something you do not usually see when a manager loses his job. Good luck Nigel, you did a great job for the Saints.

Last Modified By Snapper at 19 Jan 2013 - 12:46 AM
spaceman
22 Jan 2013 - 9:56 PM

Aston Villa are cup favourites says Paul Lambert.

Hmm.

Great match. Congrats to Bradford who claim their 3rd Premiership scalp to reach the final. I don't know why people are sniffy about the League Cup as it consistently provides great football. More so than the FA Cup.

monstersnowman
22 Jan 2013 - 11:31 PM

Winning the League Cup only gets you a place in the Europa League and the prize for winning is very small to all but the small clubs - about 3 days pay for one of Man City's players and the kudos and historical significance of winning is significantly less than some other trophies.
Because of this big clubs often don't take the cup seriously in terms of effort, willingness to risk injury, playing under strength sides etc, it also is an unwelcome diversion for teams with higher targets and a congested fixture list. Because of these things smaller teams become more competitive, thus making it a more exciting proposition for some. It may not even be financially viable for many teams at all. So yes you can get great matches.
Maybe if the League Cup was taken as seriously as the FA Cup it would lose some of its unpredictable excitement.
Before Man City got wedged up and successful we hadn't won anything since 1976 when we won the League Cup but it really wasn't something to shout about in public that much, when other teams were having English football league, European and FA cup success, rather more just a great day at Wembley for the club and fans to share.

That's pretty much why some people are a bit 'sniffy' about the League Cup I presume.

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 22 Jan 2013 - 11:33 PM
Geoffphoto
23 Jan 2013 - 10:13 AM

Quote: That's pretty much why some people are a bit 'sniffy' about the League Cup I presume.

I'd take a trip to Wembley with Argyle !!!!!

Well done Bradford Smile

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 23 Jan 2013 - 10:14 AM
spaceman
26 Jan 2013 - 12:49 AM

Villa's misery continues.

spaceman
27 Jan 2013 - 6:40 PM

What an interesting day Smile

spaceman
29 Jan 2013 - 6:32 PM

Balotelli off to AC Milan.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43917 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2013 - 6:48 PM

Quote: Balotelli off to AC Milan.

Good riddance.

monstersnowman
29 Jan 2013 - 9:52 PM

Yep, well shut of him !!!! Sooooo glad he's gone. But our Premier tile race is over anyway (actually been pretty much over for some time now). They can tie the red ribbons on when we go to Old Trafford :0(

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.