Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

2012/2013 Football Thread.

spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
16 Jan 2013 8:29PM
There's such a thing as a full time Chelsea manager?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
18 Jan 2013 4:58PM
Unbelievably, Nigel Adkins has been sacked.

WTF is going on?
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
18 Jan 2013 5:34PM

Quote:Unbelievably, Nigel Adkins has been sacked.

WTF is going on?

WTF? Unbelievable! Why?
He's done a brilliant job and the team are just beginning to return good results - only 2 losses in the last 12.
Jeez, what a midland banker than chairman is.
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
18 Jan 2013 10:15PM
Not only Southampton, who some pundits are now hoping get relegated, but Forest. One point off the play-offs and they have not only got rid of the manager,but some of the dedicated backroom staff tooSad

I know there is no loyalty in football anymore, but instant sucess isn't an option.
Even Man U were on the point of sacking their manager, before a FA result against Forest saved his bacon - look what happened nextSad
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
18 Jan 2013 10:21PM
Forest's loss, Bristol City's gain and lets face it City need all the help they can get at the moment Tongue

Ade
Cephus e2
10 2.2k England
18 Jan 2013 10:23PM

Quote:Unbelievably, Nigel Adkins has been sacked.

WTF is going on?
WTF? Unbelievable! Why?
He's done a brilliant job and the team are just beginning to return good results - only 2 losses in the last 12.
Jeez, what a midland banker than chairman is.

And two promotions!!

I hope they go down screaming.
Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
19 Jan 2013 12:46AM
Interesting post on the BBC website on the Nigel Adkins situation as follows (post 2342!) and look at the poster!:

Tavistock Institute of Human Relations
11 Minutes ago

Looking through the amazing amount of comments here today I have noticed that there are posts from supporters of every Premier League team and a good deal of the Football League teams in disgust of this sacking and support of Nigel Adkins.
Now that is something you do not usually see when a manager loses his job. Good luck Nigel, you did a great job for the Saints.
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
22 Jan 2013 9:56PM
Aston Villa are cup favourites says Paul Lambert.

Hmm.

Great match. Congrats to Bradford who claim their 3rd Premiership scalp to reach the final. I don't know why people are sniffy about the League Cup as it consistently provides great football. More so than the FA Cup.
22 Jan 2013 11:31PM
Winning the League Cup only gets you a place in the Europa League and the prize for winning is very small to all but the small clubs - about 3 days pay for one of Man City's players and the kudos and historical significance of winning is significantly less than some other trophies.
Because of this big clubs often don't take the cup seriously in terms of effort, willingness to risk injury, playing under strength sides etc, it also is an unwelcome diversion for teams with higher targets and a congested fixture list. Because of these things smaller teams become more competitive, thus making it a more exciting proposition for some. It may not even be financially viable for many teams at all. So yes you can get great matches.
Maybe if the League Cup was taken as seriously as the FA Cup it would lose some of its unpredictable excitement.
Before Man City got wedged up and successful we hadn't won anything since 1976 when we won the League Cup but it really wasn't something to shout about in public that much, when other teams were having English football league, European and FA cup success, rather more just a great day at Wembley for the club and fans to share.

That's pretty much why some people are a bit 'sniffy' about the League Cup I presume.
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 10:13AM

Quote:That's pretty much why some people are a bit 'sniffy' about the League Cup I presume.

I'd take a trip to Wembley with Argyle !!!!!

Well done Bradford Smile
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
26 Jan 2013 12:49AM
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
27 Jan 2013 6:40PM
What an interesting day Smile
spaceman e2
10 5.2k 3 Wales
29 Jan 2013 6:32PM
Balotelli off to AC Milan.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
29 Jan 2013 6:48PM

Quote:Balotelli off to AC Milan.

Good riddance.
29 Jan 2013 9:52PM
Yep, well shut of him !!!! Sooooo glad he's gone. But our Premier tile race is over anyway (actually been pretty much over for some time now). They can tie the red ribbons on when we go to Old Trafford :0(

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.