Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Geoffphoto
25 Aug 2012 - 8:42 PM

Quote: I see Argyle lost again !!! sigh............................nothing changes

and this week !!

I see Argyle lost again !!! sigh............................nothing changes !!!!!!!Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Aug 2012 - 8:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2012 - 9:00 PM

Things working out nicely for Chelsea.

redhed17
redhed17  8658 forum posts England
26 Aug 2012 - 10:23 PM

I want to see how Chel$ki respond to a run of bad results. Should it happen. Wink There is still player power hanging around in the background, and once results don't go their way, and some of the more vociferous find they are not in the team, then things could get interesting.

The Liverpool v Man City game was a good one. Two good goals for Liverpool, especially Suarez's free kick. Two gifts for City. Sad lol Hope Liverpool can play the rest of the season like today, and not like last week. Wink

Geoffphoto
26 Aug 2012 - 10:38 PM

Torres is looking good tho' (at last !) and Hazard is looking like a great buy !!!

redhed17
26 Aug 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yep, Torres looking good, so far, Wink but it has taken him an awfully long time though.
I said ages ago, all he had to do was go blonde again. It's the blonde feller who's the successful one. Wink lol

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2012 - 7:01 PM

Plymouth Argyle win! Joy for Geoffphoto Grin

Spurs continue to splutter.

MediumSizeUnavailable

ah, I see you're all discussing the Belgian league Tongue

monstersnowman

I see United were back to their annoying ritual of doing what every great teams does - playing to the last second ... 2-1 down with less than 3 mins to go and fookin winning 3-2 ... god give me strength LOL ... Have to respect their never-say-die attitude. Van Persie has been, so far, every bit as good as I expected but Tevez has shown how he can score and just what we COULD have achieved had he not been playing crazy golf for half the last season :o/ Game on ... I fully expect United to be league leaders for some period of time this season.

redhed17
4 Sep 2012 - 12:19 AM

You've always got to respect the 'never say die attitude', and results that Utd get in the last 10 minutes, plus added Fergie time course, however long that may be. Wink lol But they are shipping more goals at the back, and you can't keep doing it and be successful.

Of course with van Persie in that form, anything is possible. Wink

monstersnowman

Absolutely . I hate it and respect it in very equal measures :0( One thing to come from this is that some fans want, and some fans expect Rooney to be gone some time in the near future now they have a predator like VP, especially in memory of his will he/won't he transfer saga that left him looking less than loyal in comparison to the likes of Giggs, Scholes etc ... They haven't forgotten or forgiven. I personally think Rooney has his best behind him but Fergy won't be in a rush to offload as he wants a strong strike-force of approx. 4 reliable goal providers.

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 4 Sep 2012 - 4:27 AM
mikehit
mikehit  56444 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2012 - 3:37 AM

There was some tripe recently about Rooney being worth 80million - maybe they can do a swap with Real for Ronaldo, apparently he is unhappy there at the moment. Tongue

monstersnowman

Lol ... Rooney may not turn out to be the best striker at united let alone an 80 million striker ... I think a striker, albeit a quality striker, that has possibly seen his best era will be worth a fraction of that. I certainly would rather have VP at the Ethihad than Rooney. United played a Premiership winning master stroke signing VP and even with Tevez back he may turn out to be our biggest Nemesis.

mikehit
mikehit  56444 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2012 - 4:40 AM

Quote: United played a Premiership winning master stroke signing VP

I was impressed with VPs comment when talking about his move to Old Trafford. I am sure hs could have got a bigger salary at City but his comment was something to the effect of 'it was the schoolboy in me that made the decision' - sounds like hi is someone playing for the club for the joy of it. If only more were like him.

monstersnowman

I wouldnt say he was playing for them for the 'joy' but possibly more the 'cache' and 'historical power' that you sense when saying to your grandchildren who you played for. There are certain club names that Just have a cache when on a roll call of achievement. To say to your grandchildren that you played for Manchester United or Real, or Barca etc just sounds different to Man City, or Chelsea or Inter or Borussia Dortmund etc .. The best city can do now is to show him that he made the wrong decision, because silverware is always going to be important to 99.9% of players, no matter what the wage or importance of the club. He will still want to win something. After all, he played for a great club in Arsenal but they just aren't as big in the football world as united and were not looking like winning any significant silver.

Geoffphoto
4 Sep 2012 - 3:32 PM

Quote: Plymouth Argyle win! Joy for Geoffphoto

I know, I'm stunned, still trying to get over the news !!!!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.