Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

2012/2013 Football Thread.

19 Sep 2012 9:56AM
Unfortunate for MC but Ronaldo was class!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
19 Sep 2012 10:57AM
A good game wasn't it. My son placed his first ever bet on the game. He put 1 on the correct score to be a 3-2 win for Real Madrid. You would have thought he'd won the lottery judging by his reaction when the winner went in.

Getting a bit jumpy now wondering whether Celtic can do the biz' against Benfica tonight. I might get my son to put money on a Celtic victory seeing as how he seems to be a jammy sod.
19 Sep 2012 12:15PM
Nice, what was the odds on that then??

MMM I couldn't call it to be fair, however Benfica are a good team..they have Cardozo upfront and he is lethal!
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
19 Sep 2012 12:20PM

Quote:Nice, what was the odds on that then??

He got 20/1 so he won 20 - not really enough to give up college and buy a yacht.

In previous games with Benfica, Celtic have tend to win 3-0 in Glasgow and lose 0-3 in Lisbon. I'd settle for 1-0 tonight.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
23 Sep 2012 6:54PM

Quote:I see Argyle lost again !!! sigh............................nothing changes !!!!!!!

Much better this week. 3-2 win from a two goal deficit. Creeping up to mid-table Smile
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2012 10:42PM

Quote:Much better this week. 3-2 win from a two goal deficit. Creeping up to mid-table

I'm still in shock !!!!Smile

COYG
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
24 Sep 2012 12:17AM
And my team, Man City, are creeping DOWN to mid-table Sad
24 Sep 2012 10:36AM
Grimsby 4-1 Luton.... got a good feelimg about this season!
redhed17 9 679 England
24 Sep 2012 11:57PM
After the Liverpool v Utd game I read a morning paper which quoted Sir Alex as saying that they never get a penalty at Anfield, and usually get someone sent off. Well, that all changed didn't it. Sad lol

Imho there should have either been two players sent off or none. Jonny Evens went into a tackle with two feet of the ground with studs showing. Shelvey had two feet off the ground too, but went in with one foot leading at an angle, and then his studs caught Evens shin, and then his other leg wrapped around. Mark Lawrenson dismissed Evans part in it on MotD 2, but I think he was wrong. :-/

I'm not saying that would have made too much difference to the game, but the penalty certainly did. Wink And that was very dubious for me.

Nevermind, we played well, and to have a 17 and 18 year old on the pitch doing well was very encouraging. Smile

We just need someone who can stick the ball in the back of the net regularly.

There was also another story in the Sunday Star which said that there are designs for a nine foot statue of Sir Alex Ferguson being planned for when he retires, and they wanted one of his famous idiosyncratic poses immortalised . Certainly captures something about the man. Wink lol
redhed17 9 679 England
26 Sep 2012 10:51PM
An excellent result again by a very young Liverpool team against West Brom. So young a team that Liverpool brought on a young lad, Jerome Sinclair, who is 16 years and 6 days old. I have to be honest, I'd never heard of him till this morning, when he was announced in the squad and I didn't think he would actually play. He came on late as a substitute.

A sign that Liverpool are short on players, they believe in their young players, or a mixture of the two. Wink

The 11 players who started had an average age of 23.8, and that was with 2 players over 30, with Jones 31 and Carragher 34. They finished with an average age of 23.4 after taking Pacheco 21, and Yesil 18, off and bringing on Suso 18 and Sinclair 16.

After seeing this video over the summer, I was hoping that Suso would get a chance at some point.

Fingers crossed that these young players can build on what they have started and fulfil their potential.

Some interesting games for the next round, with Swansea visiting Liverpool, and Chel$ki v Utd.

Fourth Round Draw in full -
Sunderland v Middlesbrough
Swindon Town v Aston Villa
Wigan Athletic v Bradford City
Leeds United v Southampton
Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool v Swansea City
Chelsea v Manchester United
Reading v Arsenal
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
27 Sep 2012 12:30AM
I think Fergy's rotation policy worked well. Halsey did well for them and Fergy is keen on using him throughout the season but he has maintained that Howard Webb still has his regular place in the team.
redhed17 9 679 England
27 Sep 2012 12:54AM

Quote:I think Fergy's rotation policy worked well. Halsey did well for them and Fergy is keen on using him throughout the season but he has maintained that Howard Webb still has his regular place in the team.

He has to be careful with Halsey though, as he has a history of health problems and needs to used sparingly. Maybe get him in for the big games like last Sunday, where he played a blinder for them. Wink
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
29 Sep 2012 12:27PM
Steve Kean fired from Blackburn job.
Toonman 7 1.4k 2 England
29 Sep 2012 6:18PM

Quote:Steve Kean fired from Blackburn job

Shame, he handled himself with dignity against a vile backlash from fans and press. It never used to be so spiteful.
redhed17 9 679 England
29 Sep 2012 10:01PM

Quote:Steve Kean fired from Blackburn job

Shame, he handled himself with dignity against a vile backlash from fans and press. It never used to be so spiteful.

Totally agree. He did the job to the best of his ability under unbelievable pressure. OK, he may not have kept them up, but they had started this season well.

The way the fans have treated him, and the crazy decision to change a manager at this point, when he was actually doing well, I hope Blackburn start to fall down their division. :-/

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.