Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

2012/2013 Football Thread.

monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
29 Sep 2012 10:30PM
United lose ... Fergy should have brought on Webb ... There would been a penalty or two for certain. And then in the after match interview - did I hear him right ?? Fergy, complaining about the amount of injury time lmao !!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 Sep 2012 11:01PM
On second thoughts ... It seems Fergy played Halsey at Craven Cottage lol ...
redhed17 e2
9 680 England
30 Sep 2012 5:19AM
After my post last week about Ferguson it brought a smile to my face to see him in his familiar pose (looking at his watch) on MotD. Smile Funny how he never mentions the time when his team wins. Wink lol

I may put a couple of quid on Suarez never getting a penalty ever again. :-/

After previous decisions, yesterdays game, I'm not sure what has to happen to him to see a penalty decision go his way.
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2012 3:03PM
Possibly now United's ganes may only last for 90 minutes. I am told it is awful trying to catch a train on time after a home game as they usually last for 120 mins unless of course United is winning.
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
2 Oct 2012 7:02PM
Well, I was hopeful and it turned out well:- Spartak Moscow 2 - Celtic 3 in the Champs League.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
2 Oct 2012 8:48PM

Quote:Well, I was hopeful and it turned out well:- Spartak Moscow 2 - Celtic 3 in the Champs League.

Well done the Bhoys. Great result.

Malc
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
9 Oct 2012 12:53PM
Owen Coyle fired by Bolton.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
9 Oct 2012 1:42PM
And the F.A. have accepted Ashley Cole's apology for his recent Twitter comment as " Genuine"
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2012 1:47PM
Yes he's genuinely sorry that he got caught!
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
9 Oct 2012 2:52PM
Watch out for Everton this season - no money to spend but a fantastic manager who can beat the top teams by excellent coaching and good planning. Ha! Ha! stuffed Man Utd.
well, Fellaini is injured and out for 3 weeks. that won't help them.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
18 Oct 2012 1:54PM
BBC price of football survey.

More figures here.
Ewanneil 4 1.1k 2 Scotland
23 Oct 2012 12:39PM
Am I the only one to be a little dismayed by this goal line technology development? Although I can understand the clamour for it I do feel that football fans love the controversies surrounding refereeing decisions. The fact that we are still debating decisions made decades ago adds to the folklore of the sport. I, for one, don't want that to disappear.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
23 Oct 2012 5:41PM
Don't worry, there will still be loads of things for the officials to get wrong. Smile
23 Oct 2012 7:32PM

Quote:Am I the only one to be a little dismayed by this goal line technology development? Although I can understand the clamour for it I do feel that football fans love the controversies surrounding refereeing decisions. The fact that we are still debating decisions made decades ago adds to the folklore of the sport. I, for one, don't want that to disappear.

To say football would be less entertaining if the rules were applied properly and correct decisions made, resulting in the right team winning, is an insult to football as a sport. If football, refereed and played properly, is not enough and you want to 'purposely' keep seeing bad decisions in order to make it interesting then it's time to find a new sport. Its as much about football as bad or biased referees - do we purposely allow them to continue causing controversy and pervert the sport. I do understand what you are saying but I think it is a poor reason that is nothing to do with football.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.