Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
23 Oct 2012 - 7:52 PM

I did say "a little dismayed". I am not demanding that we don't go ahead with this technology. I am merely suggestion that it may herald a change that will diminish something I consider to be special about football in particular and sport in general. Arguing about all the could'a, would'a and should'a stuff with other supporters afterwards is part of football and helps make it the game it is.

If you want a sterile, soulless sport where the role of the human arbiter is diminished (or even removed) and there is bugger all to talk about afterwards because every decision was micro-managed by technology then that ain't sport to my mind.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Oct 2012 - 7:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MediumSizeUnavailable

look at tennis. still a lot of 'soul' left : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4gYOTqBi2U
Plenty to talk about afterwards Wink

monstersnowman
24 Oct 2012 - 12:23 AM

We will find something else to argue about after the match - heaven forbid, we may actually argue about actual football and not some idiot in black whose job really is to go unnoticed as much as possible. In Rugby League we still have fierce rivalry, disagreement and discussion but it is usually done on the basis that we generally all accept the right team won - which is fundamentally the cornerstone of a good sport.

redhed17
redhed17  8658 forum posts England
24 Oct 2012 - 1:25 AM

Once the decision to have goal line technology was made, I don't see why it's taking so long to implement. :-/

As for ruining football by taking away talking points, the refs are seemingly creating more and more controversy without recourse to making dubious goal line decisions. Sad

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
24 Oct 2012 - 6:30 PM

Paul Jewell departs Ipswitch.

spaceman
30 Oct 2012 - 2:33 PM

Police involved in the Clattenburg affair.

Last Modified By spaceman at 30 Oct 2012 - 2:34 PM
spaceman
30 Oct 2012 - 10:50 PM

Reading 5 Arsenal 7.

It was 4 - 0 to Reading at one point. What a match.

redhed17
31 Oct 2012 - 12:58 AM

Quote: Reading 5 Arsenal 7.

It was 4 - 0 to Reading at one point. What a match.

I looked at the scores on the BBC site at one point and saw it was Reading 4 - 2 Arsenal. I thought there's an upset in the making. lol

Looking forward to seeing the highlights. Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96305 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2012 - 8:49 PM

Why is a fan in the crowd at Stamford Bridge last night allegedly making a "monkey" gesture be deemed to be racist and warranting investigation by the police ?

Perhaps I am not cut out for this modern day living Sad

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2012 - 9:19 PM

Quote: Why is a fan in the crowd at Stamford Bridge last night allegedly making a "monkey" gesture be deemed to be racist and warranting investigation by the police ?

Because he was supposed to be refereeing the match

Last Modified By cantona43 at 1 Nov 2012 - 9:19 PM
redhed17
1 Nov 2012 - 10:01 PM

Quote: Why is a fan in the crowd at Stamford Bridge last night allegedly making a "monkey" gesture be deemed to be racist and warranting investigation by the police ?

Seriously, you don't know?

Maybe you aren't cut out for this modern day living as you say. :-/

mikehit
mikehit  56473 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2012 - 11:03 AM

I really cannot believe you have to ask - has the last 20 years passed you by?
Whether you agree or not is one thing, but not understanding this issues is staggering.

Geoffphoto
4 Nov 2012 - 7:02 PM

Bloody football - I HATE IT !!! Sad

Dorchester sodding Town 1 - Argyle 0.....It just gets worse !!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ Sad

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 4 Nov 2012 - 7:03 PM
spaceman
5 Nov 2012 - 6:31 PM

Quote: Bloody football - I HATE IT !!! Sad

Dorchester sodding Town 1 - Argyle 0.....It just gets worse !!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ Sad

You might feel more at home on the grumpy thread Smile
Craig Levein given the shove.

Last Modified By spaceman at 5 Nov 2012 - 6:33 PM
monstersnowman

I really cannot believe you have to ask - has the last 20 years passed you by?
Whether you agree or not is one thing, but not understanding this issues is staggering.

Playing devil's advocate I think the scentiment of the comments by the people who are surprised at the reaction to this gesture is that an anonymous, moronic gesture by one fan amongst a large crowd, mimicking a monkey, without doubt totally unseen by the intended target and potentially racist only in terms of association/connotation, results in what amounts to a manhunt. Whilst directly personally racist players continue to play on the field and earn millions .... I would rather the likes of Suarez never kicked a ball on an English pitch again or Terry (who the FA found guilty of being far more racist in a direct and personal attack) be banned and treated as severely as this fan will no doubt be dealt with rather than welcomed back to represent the sport and earn millions.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.