Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2012/2013 Football Thread.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

redhed17
redhed17  8646 forum posts England
5 Nov 2012 - 11:10 PM

Quote: Playing devil's advocate

So s**t stirring then. Sad

Quote: I think the scentiment of the comments by the people who are surprised at the reaction to this gesture is that an anonymous, moronic gesture by one fan amongst a large crowd, mimicking a monkey, without doubt totally unseen by the intended target and potentially racist only in terms of association/connotation, results in what amounts to a manhunt. Whilst directly personally racist players continue to play on the field and earn millions .... I would rather the likes of Suarez never kicked a ball on an English pitch again or Terry (who the FA found guilty of being far more racist in a direct and personal attack) be banned and treated as severely as this fan will no doubt be dealt with rather than welcomed back to represent the sport and earn millions.

So if if the recipient of the racial abuse doesn't see it, nothing should be done about it? :-/

That the image was transmitted around the World should mean nothing? That he was in a crowd where someone may have taken offence and started an incident mean nothing?

Suarez and Terry have both been convicted by the association which is in charge of their profession, and in Terry's case taken to court too. They have both been fined and banned, and for some that may not have been enough, but to dismiss any racist behaviour because someone else hasn't been prosecuted as harshly as you wanted is stupid imho, and being provocative for the sake of it.

Like I said, s**t stirring, especially about Suarez, when you made it clear at the time what you thought of that situation.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Nov 2012 - 11:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monstersnowman

Ooh you are a bit touchy red ... Not surprising really ;0)

As far as I am concerned considering another viewpoint as devil's advocate is a reasonable position rather than an entrenched, bigoted position so I won't apologise for it. But to describe my stirring of the murky waters surrounding Suarez as 'sh*t stirring' is ironically accurate as a descriptive term.

I don't support the moronic fan with his ridiculous and offensive gesture but it is hard to reconcile such a manhunt that will at the very least result in a lifetime ban when players like Suarez and Terry get a short unbelievably highly paid holiday and return to the adulation and support of their club on millionaire wages, acting as role models across the globe after racist offences that were carried out on a personally offensive level on the field of play, in the full glare of international media. I also don't expect the crowd to act in such a distasteful manner as to wear tshirts of support and I am sure the fan will be dealt with firmly.

I indeed don't like Suarez for obvious reasons and his actions have resulted in a dark period in a once proud clubs history and had they done the decent thing we would not be having this disagreement in stances. Had he been called Ballotelli, Tevez, Dzecko or Silva I would have gladly seen my club fire him instantly and I am sure you would have agreed. There is no room for racism on the terrace or on the field and considering their status and position players have an expectation of behaviour far above anyone else in the ground just like politicians, police, judges etc ...

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 6 Nov 2012 - 3:40 AM
spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2012 - 9:39 PM

Brilliant result for Celtic tonight Smile

Geoffphoto
7 Nov 2012 - 9:47 PM

Bloody football - I HATE IT !!!

Argyle 1 Burton Albion 2.....It just keeps getting worse !!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

RogBrown
RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2012 - 11:10 PM

I've not the slightest interest in footy but, being a Burtonian, I have to say "Good on yer, Brewers!". Grin

redhed17
8 Nov 2012 - 2:02 AM

Quote: Brilliant result for Celtic tonight Smile

Excellent result for Celtic, and on their 125th Anniversary too I think.

Just had a look at the stats on the BBC, 25 Barcelona shots on goal to Celtic's 3. Though only 14 of Barca's shots were on target compared to all of Celtic's.

Must have been a great atmosphere at that game. Smile

monstersnowman
15 Nov 2012 - 8:10 PM

Manchester City's latest target - Luis Suarez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER MY DEAD BODY .. we have enough n*b heads in the team without this thing :o(

redhed17
15 Nov 2012 - 11:41 PM

Quote: Manchester City's latest target - Luis Suarez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER MY DEAD BODY .. we have enough n*b heads in the team without this thing :o(

Wrong move for City, wrong move for Liverpool and wrong move for Suarez imho. :-(

It'll probably happen. lol

Seriously, it's just the usual paper sh*t stirring. They said that Suarez didn't score consistently, so when he starts, he'll suddenly move because the world and his wife want him. It's City now, then it'll be Real or Barca. All to try and throw a spanner in the Liverpool works. Wink Suarez wants to play every minute of every game, do you think he'd go anywhere he'd have to sit on the bench for some of the time? I don't.

And he seemingly likes it where he is.

Sterling is playing well, they'll say he'll be moving next. Wink

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
16 Nov 2012 - 10:03 AM

The media have already started with the 'unsettling' of Sterling...talks about contract negotiations and disagreements over wages blah blah...probably all started by some unscrupulous agents looking to get a cut of a nice big money move!

Unfortunately, Liverpool are 'fair game' at the minute thanks to the change we are going through!

spaceman
17 Nov 2012 - 5:28 PM

Should be a good MOTD tonight, loads of goals around. Great result for WBA.

As for QPR..........

spaceman
17 Nov 2012 - 5:36 PM

Fleetwood 3 Plymouth 0

I guess Geoffphoto will be along shortly.

If he hasn't literally exploded Wink

redhed17
17 Nov 2012 - 5:49 PM

It will be interesting to see if Mark Hughes is still manager when MotD starts. Wink

He has a shocking record as QPR boss so far.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43667 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
17 Nov 2012 - 8:51 PM

Great result for Saints...will help restore self-confidence. Well done to Norwich, Swansea and WBA as well today turning over bigger oppositiion.

Malc

monstersnowman
18 Nov 2012 - 12:33 AM

Good day of football today ..... City top again :0) only a third of the way tho.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43667 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
18 Nov 2012 - 8:10 AM

Quote: Good day of football today .....

Yessir. Saints, The Bhoys and 'pool all wonGrin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.