Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

2012/2013 Football Thread.

monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
9 Dec 2012 11:12PM
Well city lose to united to a Fergy time goal ... That's 6 points behind with Old Trafford to come, therefore 9 points. Which means 4 games ... I can't see city getting that much back off united. City have players but united have a TEAM ... Sad blue :0(

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pcheywood 9 1.3k England
10 Dec 2012 3:26PM

Quote:Well city lose to united to a Fergy time goal ...

City have players but united have a TEAM ... Sad blue :0(

You must have watched a different match from the one I was at ? Wink
10 Dec 2012 4:00PM
No don't get me wrong - we played well and could have won, but I feel united will retain composure, organisation, team spirit and be tactically precise to continue the season with few stumbles. Man city are not as much of a team than a group of stars, all capable of making a difference but less settled and able to stay composed throughout a match and season. Ballotelli makes me want to scream with his attitude and needs to be shipped out at the end of the season despite his genius. Fergy would have had him on the next bus long ago. The one good thing is that we know we have a similar ability as utd to come back from being behind and winning a match in the last minute of Fergy time. Thank god we didn't ship Tevez out though - he is like a far more talented version of Craig Bellamy ... Kompany seems to have lost his edge a little, Edin is not a game starter. We squandered so many chances and united were clinical yesterday. The result could have been very different but we now need 4 games over and above united ... Big big ask.
redhed17 9 666 England
10 Dec 2012 6:04PM
It looked a good game from the highlights on MotD.

City don't seem as good as last season, but then neither do Utd. :-/

Luckily (for them) there doesn't seem anyone to challenge them from the rest of the pack at the moment. Utd may have the firepower to make up for the goals they're conceding, but there will be times when that doesn't work.

Have to agree that Balotelli is a liability, and trouble waiting to happen. Why he plays ahead of Tevez baffles me. Aguero and Tevez seems the no brainer choice for me, but Mancini doesn't seem to want to go there for some reason.
pcheywood 9 1.3k England
10 Dec 2012 6:58PM
Martin Atkinson and his team of officials lost the match for City, by not dealing with the persistant fouling. Before 5 minutes was on the clock there were 4 yellow card offences commited by United players without a word of warning.

When Rooney eventually (and well after he should have been off the field) got a caution, it was after Yaya Toure had alreadt beaten him, another player and was bearing down on goal. In other words the advantage was handed back to United, Atkinson gave one for the team in other words.

Not even talking about the diving or swimming from the usual suspects.

What happened to the extra time, because the 4 minutes indicated was not played, unlike last time Atkinson reffed the derby when he managed to make 4 mins turn into 7. Funnily enough he couldn't blow the whistle any quicker after the restart again.

I', really not sure how much more corrupt prem league officials can get, season after season ?
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2012 7:08PM

Quote:Martin Atkinson and his team of officials lost the match for City, by not dealing with the persistant fouling. Before 5 minutes was on the clock there were 4 yellow card offences commited by United players without a word of warning.

When Rooney eventually (and well after he should have been off the field) got a caution, it was after Yaya Toure had alreadt beaten him, another player and was bearing down on goal. In other words the advantage was handed back to United, Atkinson gave one for the team in other words.

Not even talking about the diving or swimming from the usual suspects.

What happened to the extra time, because the 4 minutes indicated was not played, unlike last time Atkinson reffed the derby when he managed to make 4 mins turn into 7. Funnily enough he couldn't blow the whistle any quicker after the restart again.

I', really not sure how much more corrupt prem league officials can get, season after season ?

Always the ref...never that the team is not good enough Wink

Fergie time?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20464371

I wonder if 'Fergie time' exists because United have the mentality to go to the final whistle while other teams pull the foot off the accelerator. You only need to see how many times United win matches despite not playing well.
pcheywood 9 1.3k England
10 Dec 2012 7:16PM
Yawn.......
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
11 Dec 2012 1:14AM
However, none of this matters because Cardiff are still top. Smile

Big win for Plymouth on Saturday. I'm surprised we haven't heard from Geoffphoto. Perhaps he's still in shock Grin
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
11 Dec 2012 9:17PM
Bad news at Bradford, even Gervinho's Dad has left the ground early and gone home on the train.

10-image.jpg

12 Dec 2012 6:15AM
Surely Wenger has outstayed his welcome as arsenal manager .. He has been given more time than anyone else and it seems to be going downhill so I can't blame fans if they now reach the end of their tether. Thanks for the stability, thanks for the financial management BUT no silverware ... That wasn't part of the plan.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
13 Dec 2012 5:45PM
Chelsea have played one match in this World Club thing - and now they're in the final. Epic tournament.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
15 Dec 2012 7:38PM
Cardiff finally lose their 100% home record - to Peterborough. Still top though.

Earlier in the week Brendan Rodgers was talking about a top two finish. Hmm.
redhed17 9 666 England
16 Dec 2012 4:04PM
Just seen that former Coventry player Peter Ndlovu has been involved in a car crash that has killed his brother and a female passenger, and left him in a critical condition. Fingers crossed for him.

Just watched the Chel$ki game. They had some chances to win, but overall a disappointing game.

I think those at Liverpool should keep what they expect to achieve amongst themselves, as statements like earlier in the week can only make them look stupid when results are not positive. :-/

Just keep the heads down and do the talking on the pitch.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
18 Dec 2012 12:18AM
Looking grim for Reading.

Could be worse though.....

Greek football team sponsored by local brothel.
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
20 Dec 2012 2:50PM
Euro Cups draw news.....

Man Utd v Real Madrid

Celtic v Juventus

Arsenal v Bayern

Tottenham v Lyon

Liverpool v Zenit St Petersburg

Newcastle v FC Metalist Kharkiv (Ukraine)

Chelsea v Sparta Prague

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.