Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

2013/2014 Football Thread

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
20 Aug 2013 - 2:41 AM

OK, we lost our opening match but thanks to Newcastle we're already out of the bottom three - and we're only one place below Arsenal. Grin

Man City next. Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Aug 2013 - 2:41 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

spaceman
25 Aug 2013 - 6:47 PM

Easy.

GrinGrin

polis_928tadw59

How, ee lot, why are yi taalkin' aboot futbaall. The cricket season it still gannin on. Not that I am a cricket fan, and stop mentioning The Toon.Grin

redhed17
redhed17  8652 forum posts England
25 Aug 2013 - 11:59 PM

Well done Cardiff. Biggest upset of the season so far.

Come on you Bluebir..... I mean red ...... Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
2 Sep 2013 - 7:37 PM

I like the idea of 300,000 per week, but Real Madrid went for Gareth Bale instead Sad

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022898 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
3 Sep 2013 - 12:56 PM

They will never know how great was their loss. Wink

polis_928tadw59

If you have time listen to Greg Dyke - we are going to win the World Cup in 20 ??. I am quoting him, but not verbatim, 'I was instrumental in setting up the Premier League which has been a success.' He has destroyed English football with that league, so why does he think he will resurrect the national team? There was nothing better, prior to the Premier League, for the honours to do the travel, - Wimbledon, Southampton, Coventry, even though they weren't your team.

spaceman
10 Sep 2013 - 3:40 PM

Over-enthusiastic physio decides to become instant goalkeeper.

spaceman
19 Sep 2013 - 3:16 PM

Winter World Cup on the way by the look of it.

Quote: Fifa president Sepp Blatter admitted the governing body may have made a "mistake" in awarding the competition to Qatar.

Uh huh.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
19 Sep 2013 - 4:16 PM

World Cup 2014 may be moved to winter. Why? Coz in summer it's too bloody hot in Catarrh (did I spell that right? ....oh well). And this despite air-conditioned stadiums.

All failed bidders now up in arms, not to mention the small matter of the Premier/Football League. Imagine trying to stop that super tanker in mid-season Blush

779HOB
779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Sep 2013 - 4:53 PM

Seems odd the heat of the summer wasn't an issue when they award the World Cup to Qatar.

redhed17
19 Sep 2013 - 10:44 PM

Quote: Seems odd the heat of the summer wasn't an issue when they award the World Cup to Qatar.

The 'things' that grease wheels in FIFA, Wink and the assurance that the heat in Qatar wouldn't be a problem made the heat not an issue at the time of the bids. I mmean, air conditioned pitches! Like that would ever work.

The World Cup shouldn't be moved to the Summer, but with UEFA open to the idea, it looks like it will probably happen.

On the flipside, I heard some one say that it could play into England's hands as the players wouldn't be so tired after a long season. Wink lol

Last Modified By redhed17 at 19 Sep 2013 - 10:45 PM
779HOB
779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Sep 2013 - 7:03 AM

I wonder if it will lead to a permanent introduction of a Winter break in the season over here.

redhed17
20 Sep 2013 - 3:21 PM

Quote: I wonder if it will lead to a permanent introduction of a Winter break in the season over here.

I don't think a mid Winter break can work here because the weather is so unpredictable. There could be bad weather which stops the Leagues from playing from Nov-Mar, if you already have scheduled break which doesn't coincide, and chaos ensues. Add to that a season finishing early because of a World Cup or European Championship, and I think it's a non runner.

But Germany has a mid winter break! Yes they do, but they also live in a climate with more predictable weather, and when they do have bad weather, the country doesn't grind to a halt. Wink lol

spaceman
22 Sep 2013 - 10:31 PM

Di Canio gone already.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.