Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

2013/2014 Football Thread

4 Nov 2013 7:25AM
From Saturday, and I am still ecstatic....................

The Toon 2 Chelsea 0.

Mind I have been keeping a low profile lately.Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
5 Nov 2013 4:52AM
Im ecstatic too .. :0)
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
9 Nov 2013 1:03PM
No Champions League on terrestrial tv after next year.

Sad
redhed17 9 679 England
9 Nov 2013 2:17PM

Quote:No Champions League on terrestrial tv after next year.

Sad

Since Sky and ITV started messing up the coverage I've been going off the CL. I used to watch everything on ITV. Of course Liverpool not being involved has added to the disinterest. Wink

But ITVs poor highlights coverage was the main reason for my losing interest. Having to wait for highlights of the Wednesday night games till later in the week, or even the next week, was a pain in the .... And of course Andy Townsend didn't help. Wink lol

Looks like BT are trying to follow the Sky business plan of growing their business on the back of football. Worked for Sky. Wink
23 Nov 2013 5:59PM
All I have got to say, today, Saturday, 23rd November, 2013, and it has applied many times over the years, " Jammy bloody Reds." An 89th minute winner ?Probably 109th minute winner.Grin The refs always favoured teams in red, ie. Manchester Utd. etc., etc., and, oh of course, Liverpool.Tongue.

I was once at Anfield, very close to the touch line, when the Toon were winning, and I definitely heard the linesman say to the ref. " The pie and peanut seller fell over 2 minutes ago." Ref's reply : " Good, we will add at least 5-7 minutes so the Scousers can at least equalize."TongueWink

Oh and another thing, I am listening to TalkSport commentary on West Ham v. Chelsea. Every few minutes, all you hear from the commentators, " Ooooh it is cold and chilly tonight, here in London." Poor southern softees. (Agree redhed17 ?) I am out in the garden, bare chested, wearing a thong, I thingk, sunbathing under an icy moon.GrinSmile
redhed17 9 679 England
23 Nov 2013 6:35PM
It's not even proper Winter yet. God knows what they will be saying in Jan/Feb. Wink

As for
Quote:All I have got to say, today, Saturday, 23rd November, 2013, and it has applied many times over the years, " Jammy bloody Reds." An 89th minute winner ?Probably 109th minute winner.Grin The refs always favoured teams in red, ie. Manchester Utd. etc., etc., and, oh of course, Liverpool.Tongue

I think it is jammy Kevin Mirallas. He should have had a straight Red for the shocking tackle on Suarez . Interesting to see what is made of it in the Media because it was on Suarez, but studs showing and hitting someone in the knee could have had a more serious conclusion.

You can say what you want about the timekeeping in Utd games, Wink but they scored a lot of goals late on in games, and that's the sign of a good team who never gives up. Which is all you can ask of your team, to give 100% and never give up. Smile

Well the derby was a great game that had everything. :clap:

Early goals, Liverpool going ahead, Everton coming back, and Liverpool clinching a draw at the end with Sturridge coming off the bench to score the equaliser. In all that you had a couple of great goals, Suarez's free kick threaded a needle, Wink great saves and some poor finishing, and a controversial tackle that should have seen Everton down to 10 men.

A proper local derby played a hundred miles an hour and 100% commitment. Hope they show a lot of in on MotD, as I can't see there being too many better games than that today.

Special shout out to local lad John Flanagan who had a great game. :clap:
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
24 Nov 2013 3:38AM
What was that Southamptom goalie doing? Deary me. Smile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
24 Nov 2013 7:45AM

Quote:What was that Southamptom goalie doing? Deary me. Smile

Must have been a rush of blood to the head. Most goalies have one from time to time (David James?)
Unusual as he has been brilliant so far this season. Let's hope he gets over it PDQ.
24 Nov 2013 4:43PM
And the Man City rollercoaster continues .... Lose to Sunderland then beat Spurs 6 - 0 .. We cant seem to travel ...
Steve-T 7 51 66 England
9 Dec 2013 5:39PM
Enjoyed Everton's performance yesterday against Arsenal. Martinez doing a great job as Moyes replacement but should there be a limit on loan players? I think I am right to say that three of the Everton players playing yesterday are borrowed from other clubs - two from immediate rivals for the title / top four / European places. As loaned players can't play against their parent club is there an unfair advantage for these clubs - particularly when the loaned players are key to the current success of Everton? Did Arsenal face a better side than the one that will face Chelsea and Man City?
redhed17 9 679 England
10 Dec 2013 2:44PM
Players on loan is an interesting subject. Generally it is the larger teams which have surplus players who can farm them out, but then it is the smaller teams who benefit from the loan players. It lets players who may be stuck in reserves, or even worse not part of the 25 man squad to get playing time, and hopefully impress, whilst helping the team they are on loan to.

I think it is odd when players are on loan for more than one season, as in the Lukaku situation. Lukaku is obviously doing a very good job, but still not seen as good enough for Chel$ki, despite evidence to the contrary. :-/ And Andros Townsend has been on loan all over the place, for many years, and is probably only now living up to his potential.

That said, if a player hasn't done enough to impress his parent club after a season, then I don't think the player should be allowed to go on loan again. Play him or sell him. Chel$ki and Liverpool, and probably others, have been guilty of farming players out year after year, Lukaku as already mentioned, but keeper Thibaut Courtois is into his 2nd year on loan at Altetico Madrid. Alberto Aquilani was always on loan from Liverpool in between brief appearances and injuries. :-/ And Alou Diarra who Liverpool bought in 2002, spent two years on loan, and then left without playing a game. Sad

And Moaninho was very much for it the other week when talking about Lukaku scoring against their rivals. I'm not sure he would have been as enthusiastic about the idea when Assaidi scored the last minute winner for Stoke on Saturday, when he is on loan from Liverpool. Wink lol
10 Dec 2013 11:55PM
Bayern 2 - 3 Man City .. As a city fan even i cant believe it. Which city will play the next away game?
redhed17 9 679 England
11 Dec 2013 8:12AM

Quote:Which city will play the next away game?
That's the big question for City fans isn't it. If they get their away form to match their home form, they will storm to another title.

Great result in Munich. Smile
spaceman 10 5.2k 3 Wales
16 Dec 2013 4:08PM
Steve-T 7 51 66 England
16 Dec 2013 4:38PM

Quote:Villas-Boas fired.

Has premiership management become an impossible job? I think so. Success and failure is now being judged on a game by game basis. Is it time to stop sackings with a new rule. Managers/coaches can only be changed at the end of a season?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.