Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

24 hrs in KL

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    alansnap
    alansnap e2 Member 10509 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Oct 2004 - 12:35 PM

I'm off to Oz in a couple of weeks (hee hee a holiday at long last). On the way out and back we're stopping off in KL and I'll have a day each time. What locations are best?

Thanks,

Alan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Oct 2004 - 12:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

clarkycat
    clarkycat  1089 forum posts
    19 Oct 2004 - 12:50 PM

Erm, I didn't really like too much about KL I must say. There was however, a great night market on with nice foods etc. Going up the tower (forgotten name) is a must as you get a great view of the city. Unfortunately, I don't think you can go up Petronas towers but looking at them from the bottom is amazing enough.

Aidan

mpbphotographic
    19 Oct 2004 - 1:26 PM

Hi Alan,

The tower Aidan refers to is simply called the KL tower and well worth going up though not great for photography because of the glass surrounding you.

When I was there last year you could not go up the Petronas towers and I guess this is still the case because I think it is due to fear of attacks like 9/11

The Petrona towers do however look great, especially at night and you can get some excellent shots from the park at the back.

Also worth a look is China town, very good for some candid street photography.

Enjoy your trip! No doubt you'll get stacks of photo opportunities out in Oz,

Matt

nicanddi
    nicanddi  11316 forum posts
    19 Oct 2004 - 1:53 PM

Hi Alan,

KL is a photogs. dream city. As for photos, head straight for the Petronas towers and the park at the rear. If you're planning on doing any night time shooting take some insect repellant as the lakes attract lots of nasty biting mosquitos.

We were there in July this year for a second time and although we didn't go up the towers I didn't see anything saying that you couldn't?? Your hotel should be able to confirm this though.

If you get the chance queue early for one of the limited entry tickets and get up the towers as early as possible (it opens at 9 or 10 am I think?} You can get some good city views from the observation deck, though they push you through and out quickly to allow other tourists to go up, so don't hang around taking your shots.

If you or your better half are interested in shopping, the KL Mall underneath the towers is great and there are restaurants to grab a bit to eat.

Here's a shot from our last trip. Enjoy your trip and Aus. Where are you going in Aus? We're off there ourselves at Xmas and new year, so any advice would be welcome.

Regards, Nic.
    niccleave.com

Take-a-View
    19 Oct 2004 - 2:00 PM

Alan

The other building to get some really good 360 deg. views from is the radio tower.

As for the KL Tower you can only go up as gar as the bridge link at level 41 but still fantastic views.

Have a good one

nicanddi
    nicanddi  11316 forum posts
    19 Oct 2004 - 2:12 PM

Oh, and the Petronas towers are free whereas the KL tower is really quite expensive for the same view. Not worth it if KL is it's usual smoggy self.

Nic.
    niccleave.com

alansnap
    alansnap e2 Member 10509 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom21 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Oct 2004 - 4:14 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm really looking forward to it, but then you probably guessed that already.

Alan:O)

epavelin
    epavelin  10180 forum posts
    19 Oct 2004 - 5:50 PM

Didn't know you could fly via King's Lynn. Learn something new every day! Wink

Ed.

seabloke
    seabloke  10844 forum posts
    19 Oct 2004 - 6:12 PM

Don't diss King's Lynn. Nice ville if you like chav culture, tricked Vauxhall Novas and super lager.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.