Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

3 Cameras to choose from!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53531 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 6:21 PM

Can't you post a "want to buy" in the ephotozine classifieds?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 May 2012 - 6:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 6:26 PM

See HERE MBP Photographic, very reputable, used several times myself and never had any problems......

Ade

koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 6:32 PM

Didnt realise you had a classified section! Thanks

Thanks for MPB info too

lawbert
lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 6:34 PM

Ive got a 50d with all the bits and bobs and a spare battery boxed and a Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro ex dg boxed that Im going to sell soon...Both owned from new.
PM me if your interested

Sorry epz for flouting the rules!!Wink

koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 6:41 PM

Trying to work out how to PM!! lol

koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 6:42 PM

Looks like i cant pm for a month

Last Modified By koolcam1986 at 30 May 2012 - 6:43 PM
koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 6:46 PM

Quote: Ive got a 50d with all the bits and bobs and a spare battery boxed and a Sigma 50mm f2.8 macro ex dg boxed that Im going to sell soon...Both owned from new.
PM me if your interested

Sorry epz for flouting the rules!!Wink

Not sure if allowed but email me here as i cant PM: ajec1986 at yahoo dot co dot uk

MarkBroughton
30 May 2012 - 7:20 PM

Quote: 50D everytime, it's an even better camera than Canon's latest equivalent the 60D, the only real difference being the 60D has video.....Quite why anybody would want video on an SLR Lord only knows?????......If I wanted video I'd buy a proper video camera!

The 500d is good....But not as good as the 50D

50D user by any chance Ade Wink ?

Seriously though I do agree that the 50D is an excellent body, but disagree about your 60D comparison. Having owned both, I think the 60D is a great all rounder, the screen is stunning and the video is excellent quality, even though I dont use it very often, it has come in very handy a few times....and saves me from buying a camcorder.

You cant go wrong with a second hand 50D.

koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 7:38 PM

Def interested in a 50D. Shame i cant PM yet or put in a wanted.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2012 - 7:51 PM

Yep you got me Mark......But I do have 2 of them Wink One with over 150,000 shutter activations and it's still going strong. Bought the last one over a 60d because I didn't need all the video stuff, more to go wrong and I was being expected to pay a premium for it. I'd have another 50d tomorrow, although I'm hanging out for the next few months to see what the latest Canon (70-80D???) incarnation will be like, not sold on the 7D as yet. May end up with 5dmkII yet as I see there are still one or two new specimens kicking about if you shop around.

Nothing wrong with Nikon's, just the owners whom I've met very many and.............Well we won't go there, but I've no doubt they feel the same about Canon usersWink

Olympus seems to be the latest must have brand, well according to these forums anyway Wink

Ade

MarkBroughton
30 May 2012 - 7:59 PM

Yeah thats a good point, and to be honest Ade, I'd have another 50D tomorrow too haha. I loved mine, and it fell in the sea early in the morning still half asleep and hungover, and the insurance company replaced it with a 60D, so I didnt have a choice in the matter, well apart from argue the fact they wanted to give me a 550D to replace the 50D, so naturally I refused Wink

koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 9:53 PM

I know the 50D is classed as a semi-pro DSLR but do you think the 500D can produce the same quality of images as the 50D?

MarkBroughton
30 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Looking at it the 500D has the same 15mp sensor and ISO capabilities, Live view, the 50D's advantages are: Weather resistant Magnesium Alloy Body, Faster continuous shooting @ 6.5 fps, Auto focus fine tune, Bigger Viewfinder, Better Control and handling (bigger), Top secondary lcd screen.

SO the answer in my humble opinion is yes it probably will take similar quality images as a 50D, its just the other options above that are different. Advantages of the 500D are lighter and more compact, HD Video, uses SD/SDHC (an advantage??) and cheaper.

Hope this helps.
Mark

Last Modified By MarkBroughton at 30 May 2012 - 10:11 PM
koolcam1986
30 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Trying to decide if the 50D is worth the extra, or go for a 500D or even a 40D. Help!

MarkBroughton
31 May 2012 - 1:18 AM

It really is a case of whether you like the smaller camera with less controls on the body, but more features such as video etc, which I do find very handy, or the bigger magnesium alloy body, The 40D definitely should not be out of the equation as it is a very capable body but only 10mp, which is still plenty. I used a 400D for 3 years and some of my favourite images were taken with it and I had a huge canvas printed from that camera which was 10mp, so they are all capable bodies. I think its just a case of setting a budget and deciding which is the best you can get, and whether you want the semi-pro bigger body or smaller with video. If you would never use the video, then the 50D if you can stretch would be my first choice, followed by the 40D. They just feel better in the hand, and have more controls and a top screen which is handy too. Its down to you now Smile Hope that helped!
Mark

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.