Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

3 fav secret spots.

Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
17 Jan 2011 2:20PM
As mentioned by Ade, what's ya favourite locations that have NOT been done to death and that you would like to share, UK only Smile

Any secret place that does it for you and why?

Maybe even share your stories that got you to that place.

My possibles are

1 - Marloes Sands - don't see a lot from there and it has some great rocks.
2 - Clydach Gorge near A465 Abergavenny - great little falls with nice Autumn colours and a stone throw away from Buffalo Tom's pub!
3 - The Hafod aka Llangattock Escarpment - Im yet to see an awesome image from there and its not done often - Great place for views and vista's around the Lonely Shepherd.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
17 Jan 2011 2:21PM
If anyone wants directions to these spots in South Wales let me know Smile

See?.....Not so secret now Wink
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
17 Jan 2011 3:21PM

Quote:what's ya favourite locations that have NOT been done to death and that you would like to share, UK only

Arh well, I only want to share once I have my definitive images of them, anybody can go after that.........

(( Smile ))
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
17 Jan 2011 3:51PM
It's not a secret - but you don't see many photographers there.

Dobbies Garden Centre outside Stirling.

Huge range of photo-ops from landscape to river scenes, from flower and plant macros to amazing abstracts using all the plant pots and garden stuff, even a bit of wildlife.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
17 Jan 2011 5:48PM

Quote:Any secret place that does it for you and why?

I can`t say, the wife would kill me Smile
mark545 3 1 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2011 5:57PM
just one, Ian, devon dartmoor national park black tor copse high altitude woods fantastic trees and bit of a hike. Ah may be two only seen on tv bbc series, secret britain welsh coast slate mountains the blue pool ??? looks great
newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2011 6:04PM
It's probably just me but I keep getting drawn back to this little stretch of Spurlswood Beck near Blackling Hole, Hamsterley Forest -> hamsterley 1 hamsterley 2 . I've never seen any other photographers there - at least not beyond people taking snaps.

And I can't work out why I don't see more shots of the old beaten up tractor near Keld on the Pennine Way. It doesn't look much to the eye I guess but definitely makes a good shot, especially given the moody skies that are the norm up that way.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Jan 2011 7:01PM
I have no secret....Tongue
mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
17 Jan 2011 7:14PM
In Cornwall - Kennal Vale
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
17 Jan 2011 7:51PM

Quote:If anyone wants directions to these spots in South Wales let me know

Yes please Smile
Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
17 Jan 2011 10:22PM
What you want to know Bri?

Tell you what PM me and I will sort it and maybe hook up and I will show you both the Hafod and Clydach gorge. Marloes is about 2 hr away more west wales.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Jan 2011 10:37PM

Quote:Tell you what PM me

Secret eh? LOL .
Tongue
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
17 Jan 2011 10:59PM
I've been to Marloes Sands, with the tide right in!Grin

One day I need to visit Barafundle Bay, rumoured to be wonderful!Wink

Frank.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
18 Jan 2011 8:03AM
Barafundle is nice - walked there from Stackpole a couple of years ago at Christmas. Also, Bosherton is nearby, where the robins will eat out of your hand Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
18 Jan 2011 9:39AM
no one's playing ball on this one Wink

1 - Ferry Bridge power station - I've shot it quite a lot, but I don't see anyone else shooting it to death Wink Not that pretty really
2 -The road from Hubberholm to Gayle - not sure what its called, but it links Wharfdale to Wensleydale and is rather lovely
3 - Foot bridge over the A58M where the International Pool used to be. Leeds. Good for an urban decay backdrop to shots, quite a bit of graffiti etc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.