Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

400D rumour/myth

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    iainhamiltonphotography

was in my local photo shop 2day and guy behind counter said he heard that the 400D has built in shake reduction hidden in the settings, is it true or just cack???? when i got home i was looking thru some old tog mags and saw an advert for the 400D and in the detail it had "shake reduction" as part of the description, very spooky.....

:-O

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Oct 2007 - 12:36 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2007 - 1:02 AM

yes - if Shakin Stevens comes on the juke box it explodes to destroy all the speakers, the CD player and everyone in the pub...

Smile

I think it's got some anti static thing that vibrates to clean the sensor - that's what it's getting at.

Canon has "IS", image stabilisation, and that lives on the lens rather than in camer - so that canon can sell you many IS systems rather than just 1, so they grow fatter and richer

iainhamiltonphotography

thats what i thought ade and yeah its a case of the fat cats gettin fatter lol Smile

ripleysalien
    5 Oct 2007 - 8:17 AM

I have read a couple of reviews and its even in some ads in the popular photo mags, that the EOS 5D has a built in flash, had mine 6 months now and still aint found it.

Steve

Also on this subject, I was told in a camera shop that you could find in the settings of the 350D a way to turn of the noise, so it would be silent? never found that either.

Last Modified By ripleysalien at 5 Oct 2007 - 8:20 AM
    p3asa
    p3asa  8676 forum posts Scotland
    5 Oct 2007 - 9:17 AM

Do what some other camera makers do that claim to have "Shake reduction" simply bump the ISO up Smile

Steven.

peter shilton
    5 Oct 2007 - 10:14 AM

cack.

park my ferret
    5 Oct 2007 - 10:45 AM

it does have cack in it though!! Wink

... all that stuff that gets shaken off the sensor!!

Last Modified By park my ferret at 5 Oct 2007 - 10:46 AM
    Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Oct 2007 - 11:28 AM

It's a sticky point! Smile

iainhamiltonphotography

just looked again and ad says steady shot fuction as well as the dust reduction.....mmmm strange cos i cant find it lol.......the mag is fromjuly 07!!!!

colin b
    colin b  10367 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Oct 2007 - 11:54 AM

An acquaitance of mine spent all his dosh on a 1Ds Mk II, and he's found that has shake reduction too. In fact he's been sober for nearly a month now.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.