Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

40D?

lwrighty 8 15
18 Oct 2007 10:33PM
Hi

Do you think its worth upgrading my 400d to the new 40d?
Or should i invest the cash in a new lens and get the 40d when maybe the price comes down?

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KBan 9 457 4 England
18 Oct 2007 10:36PM
i'de get the lens !!

keith
18 Oct 2007 10:48PM

Quote:should i invest the cash in a new lens and get the 40d when maybe the price comes down?

Yes....Wink
jazzygf 11 537 Scotland
18 Oct 2007 11:28PM
Looking at some of your work, I'd go for the lens. The camera can wait no doubt Canon will have a 50 or 60 or 70d out by this time next year.
You seam to know what your doing with the camera so splash out on a new lens.
Geraint 8 715 34 Wales
18 Oct 2007 11:38PM
Lens definitely. If you haven't got it already I'd suggest buying the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens (only about 60) as you take a lot of portraits/studio work. The difference you'll see in sharpness between it and the kit lens will astound you, and show you what the camera is capable of. If you're primarily going to be doing this kind of photography I don't really see how upgrading to the 40d would be beneficial, when you can buy some nice glass with the money. If you were going to be shooting sports/wildlife then it may be a good move, but you'd still need other lenses....Hope this helps.
Geraint
lwrighty 8 15
19 Oct 2007 1:08PM

Quote:Lens definitely. If you haven't got it already I'd suggest buying the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens (only about 60) as you take a lot of portraits/studio work. The difference you'll see in sharpness between it and the kit lens will astound you, and show you what the camera is capable of. If you're primarily going to be doing this kind of photography I don't really see how upgrading to the 40d would be beneficial, when you can buy some nice glass with the money. If you were going to be shooting sports/wildlife then it may be a good move, but you'd still need other lenses....Hope this helps.
Geraint

hi there.

thanks for the comments. i have that lens, i'll take some more glamour/portrait pics at the weekend with it and see what u think.

thanks again.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.