Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

40D?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    lwrighty
    lwrighty  8
    18 Oct 2007 - 10:33 PM

Hi

Do you think its worth upgrading my 400d to the new 40d?
    Or should i invest the cash in a new lens and get the 40d when maybe the price comes down?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Oct 2007 - 10:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KBan
    KBan  9456 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Oct 2007 - 10:36 PM

i'de get the lens !!

keith

KevinEllison
    KevinEllison e2 Member 72417 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
    18 Oct 2007 - 10:48 PM

Quote: should i invest the cash in a new lens and get the 40d when maybe the price comes down?

Yes....Wink

jazzygf
    jazzygf  10537 forum posts Scotland
    18 Oct 2007 - 11:28 PM

Looking at some of your work, I'd go for the lens. The camera can wait no doubt Canon will have a 50 or 60 or 70d out by this time next year.
    You seam to know what your doing with the camera so splash out on a new lens.

Geraint
    Geraint  7715 forum posts Wales34 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Oct 2007 - 11:38 PM

Lens definitely. If you haven't got it already I'd suggest buying the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens (only about £60) as you take a lot of portraits/studio work. The difference you'll see in sharpness between it and the kit lens will astound you, and show you what the camera is capable of. If you're primarily going to be doing this kind of photography I don't really see how upgrading to the 40d would be beneficial, when you can buy some nice glass with the money. If you were going to be shooting sports/wildlife then it may be a good move, but you'd still need other lenses....Hope this helps.
    Geraint

lwrighty
    lwrighty  8
    19 Oct 2007 - 1:08 PM

Quote: Lens definitely. If you haven't got it already I'd suggest buying the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens (only about £60) as you take a lot of portraits/studio work. The difference you'll see in sharpness between it and the kit lens will astound you, and show you what the camera is capable of. If you're primarily going to be doing this kind of photography I don't really see how upgrading to the 40d would be beneficial, when you can buy some nice glass with the money. If you were going to be shooting sports/wildlife then it may be a good move, but you'd still need other lenses....Hope this helps.
    Geraint

hi there.

thanks for the comments. i have that lens, i'll take some more glamour/portrait pics at the weekend with it and see what u think.

thanks again.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.