Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

420 in whose pocket

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

col.campbell
7 Jul 2008 - 6:37 AM

If we stop wasting food we'll be 420 better-off, says Gordon Brown. And of course we'll need that money to pay him our taxes and continue running our cars etc...

I've got time... maybe I should get back into bed and then try getting out the right side Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2008 - 6:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
7 Jul 2008 - 7:18 AM

We've got an idiot for a prime minister.

I don't know who throws food away.
Factories do, shops do, supermarkets do - when its unfit, past the use by date, stale etc. - even then if a supermarket has food at a distribution centre that can't reach the shelves in time, they'll try to give it to charities.

I have known people buy an expensive restaurant meal and barely touch it - most of it goes back - but the cost is mainly cooking and service - the food cost would be minimal.

User_Removed
7 Jul 2008 - 8:40 AM

Quote: We've got an idiot for a prime minister.

Amen

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
7 Jul 2008 - 9:13 AM

....the top money saving tip in the Daily Express last week :

...have a rummage in the rubbish bins behind Tesco and find s worth of "just out of date" food :
...perfectly ok for human consumption :

....why do I persist in reading this crap ?.....LOL

.....Mike

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2008 - 10:26 AM

Quote: We've got an idiot for a prime minister.

It's not just him, It's the whole 3 ring circus act, That goes with it...!

Cephus
Cephus  92123 forum posts England
7 Jul 2008 - 10:52 AM

It's been said before:-

Our oil is in the North Sea but our DIPSTICKS are in Westminster!!

Sad

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2008 - 11:07 AM

in our household we do not waste any food what so ever! so how on earth can I save 420 ?? do I get a rebate? don't think so Smile

I tell you how I managed to save it, by being self employed paying myself a pittance of a wage and only paying as little tax as poss, rest of my income is company profits Wink stick that in your pipe Mr Brown and your Darling and smoke it! ( outside in the gales and rain of course ) LOL!

keith selmes
7 Jul 2008 - 12:48 PM

Quote: do I get a rebate?

I should hope we will, now he's stuck his stupid neck out.
When I collect wild food, or eat food from the garden, I expect Gordon will reward me financially.

Or just shut up and go away.

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2008 - 1:56 PM

Quote: I don't know who throws food away.

Let me introduce you to my flatmate who's paranoid about use by dates and buys and cooks far too much each week so can't beat the use by date, and ends up leaving half on his plate anyway. Drives me insane!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2008 - 4:28 PM

look at it as a potential first step to a wider plan to incorporate health and waste management

- Ration Books anyone?

Last Modified By brian1208 at 7 Jul 2008 - 4:28 PM
anpix
anpix  688 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Jul 2008 - 6:18 PM

Quote: Let me introduce you to my flatmate who's paranoid about use by dates and buys and cooks far too much each week so can't beat the use by date, and ends up leaving half on his plate anyway. Drives me insane!

you could pocket a quick meal there save you some dosh lol

Dose anyone actually like Gordon Brown?

nsrh
nsrh  6144 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Jul 2008 - 6:41 PM

I know, lets throw away Gordon Brown, he's out of date and cannot be re-cycled Tongue

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2008 - 7:07 PM

Watching Gordon on the Beeb News I noted that he is also saying not eating our food is also contributing to Global Warming. This made me think:

which causes the most greenhouse gas - 1kg of food allowed to rot in a compost heap or 1kg of the same food processed via the human digestive tract then disposed of via sewage treatment plants?

My "Gut Reaction" Smile is that its probably the latter because of the additional processes involved (washing, cooking the food, processing the human waste etc) but I wondered if we have a bio-chemist or environmental scientist who has the facts to hand?

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012554 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2008 - 7:10 PM

I cant see past Gordon Browns lip anymore, I've begun to mistrust someone whose jaw drops mid sentence.. tis almost like he cant believe his own words ;-0

keith selmes
7 Jul 2008 - 7:24 PM

Quote: Dose anyone actually like Gordon Brown?

There is a rumour that Mrs Brown has a high level of tolerance.

But the thing I'm afeared of is, if we dump brown, what do we get instead ?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.