Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

430ex with 5d markii ??

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    LeighRebecca
    22 Apr 2009 - 11:48 AM

I have the chance to get a 430ex (not markII) at a very good price, but I am not 100% sure it will be fully compatible with my 5d markII as it is a much newer camera. I have googled, and found some evidence to suggest they will work together, but does anyone have any experience of the two together and if there is full functionality?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Apr 2009 - 11:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2009 - 11:54 AM

There is no reason why it wouldn't be compatible.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    LeighRebecca
    22 Apr 2009 - 12:11 PM

Oh, good. I just thought maybe the markii in the flashes might correspond to a newer ettl system or something.

XxPaulxX
    XxPaulxX  8256 forum posts England
    22 Apr 2009 - 12:27 PM

If it's that good a price you will be able to sell it on and get at least your money back if it wasn't exactly what you needed, so go for it I say Smile

Last Modified By XxPaulxX at 22 Apr 2009 - 12:28 PM
    LeighRebecca
    22 Apr 2009 - 5:38 PM

Not an amazing price, but it tempted me - 116 from comet at the moment. They seem to go for that or more second hand on ebay, so it seemed like a bargain brand new with warranty.

gary_d
    gary_d e2 Member 6519 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Apr 2009 - 9:52 PM

I hace the camera and flash, I am no expert in flash photography but seems to be ok to me.

gary

LeighRebecca
    22 Apr 2009 - 10:06 PM

Thanks Gary. I've bought it now, but I won't get much chance to play with it for a few days. Glad to hear it seems OK. I just want to have an easy auto mode, and high speed sync for a start. Looks like it'll be ok then.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.