Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

4th test photography

Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
30 Jul 2009 6:23PM
The wife has kindly got me tickets for a day at the 4th test at Leeds for my Birthday. Does any one know if they are any restrictions in taking photography gear in ( canon 50D + a couple of lenses )

Brian...................................................

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
31 Jul 2009 10:47AM
No cricket fans ??? well if anybody can help will catch up later got to take the Boss shopping.

Brian.................................
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
31 Jul 2009 10:52AM
Headingley are terrible for everything and are the biggest kill joys in cricket.

I've been going there every test since 1999, except the Ashes in 2005 when the tickets were pre-alloacated, as they are this year

Basically, you are treated like a terrorist, have to wear an ID all the time, can't leave the stand with out it and are not let back on to the terrace without it. The beer is about 3:50 and is very watered down - I had 12 pints last year and didn't feel remotely tipsy.

you can take food in but expect your bag to be searched in copious detail

they banned beer snakes - where you stack up plastic beer glasses and make a big colum and pass them around.

I think back to the halcion days of 2001 when you could still take in 4 cans of a "box of wine".... how sh1t faced could you get on a box of wine each Wink

anyway - so cameras.... god knows, I'd expect you can, but would be unsurprised if you get stopped...

contact the stadium via email, print the answer off and show it to the security if they become arsey
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
31 Jul 2009 7:54PM
Thanks Ade e-mailed them yesterday but no reply yet. Cheers for the info.

Brian.............................................................
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
31 Jul 2009 8:14PM
Funny old game cricket.
I was down at Edgbaston today doing a report for Sky Sports.
One of the sponsors gave me two tickets for the weekend.

As im not into cricket i tried giving them away outside the ground nobody was interested ? i mean these were free sponsor tickets.
I gave up after five minutes and went home stopped off at the local and no takers there.
So they ended up in the bin.
Shame really Sad
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
31 Jul 2009 8:28PM
Well if you get any for Leeds Andy I can always find a home for them I've a cricket playing 13 year old grandson who would give up his parents for a chance to see a ashes match Smile Smile

Brian.................................................
phil_j e2
8 133 4 England
31 Jul 2009 8:33PM

Quote:I can always find a home for them

Likewise!!.

Onr the subject of cameras at Cricket matches, I have taken my gear to a few grounds and had no problem getting it in, but as soon as I fixed my 170-500 sigma to my D50 I find that I am pounced on by security. Keep the 18-55mm kit lens on and no problem.

The worst was at Bristol recently when during a Glos/Somerset twenty-20 match I was told that unless I had press acrediataion I either stopped taking shot's or I would be asked to leave the ground.

Phil
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
31 Jul 2009 8:35PM
Cheers Phil I suspected that might be the case better leave the the 50-500 at home Smile

Brian................................
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
31 Jul 2009 8:39PM
If you have superzoom bridge camera, maybe worth taking?
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
31 Jul 2009 8:42PM
Only got the 50D and a couple of compacts Cole but good idea all the same.

Brian...........................................

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.