Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

504 Gateway Timeout

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tigerminx
    tigerminx  10237 forum posts South Africa
    22 Jun 2006 - 3:57 PM

Gateway Timeout
    The following error occurred:

[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.
    Please contact the administrator.

I get this more then often when trying to view my portfolio lately? I'm also experiencing the following problems:

1. Random thumbnails are not loading in the gallery as well as my fav photgraphers, instead date of upload is appearing.

2. When opening multiple images selected from the gallery or my fav photographers, the last couple always seem to timeout. (Never happened in the past, I have a broadband connection, so surely it's not speed related)

3. On my upload this evening, my thumbnail did not appear. Refreshed the page the it seemed to be sorted out, then viewing the gallery later on thumbnail was missing

I use Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 (Never had this issue before) as well as Firefox, same problems keep happening.

Just thought I'd bring these issues to light, don't wan't to sound like an old hag. If it's just me, tell me to shut up and I'll get on with it Smile

Cheers.
    Bruce.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jun 2006 - 3:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Will
    Will  131788 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:02 PM

Sorry you're having problems Bruce. Is anyone else experiencing this?

And Bruce, do you have this problem on any other websites, or have you in the past?

Atlas
    Atlas  11621 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:05 PM

No probs here, but the site has had some major slow downs over the past couple of hours.

Rob

Will
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:10 PM

Could your ISP be slowing down Rob? There's no sign of the server being stressed recently and network connectivity at our end shouldn't be an issue.

Atlas
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:14 PM

No it seems okay on other sites Will. It's fine at the moment, but every few minutes it will slow down or almost lock up.

Rob

Will
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:16 PM

I do see another user with your ISP having some pages load really slowly Rob, if it continues tomorrow, e-mail me and I'll try and investigate further.

tigerminx
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:18 PM

To be honest Will, haven't been experiencing problems with other sites. I work for an ISP in Durban, so when it comes to routers, pc's, browsers etc. I'd like to think I know what I'm doing Smile Already reset and configured my linux based router twice, just in case I missed something.

Forgot to mention that it also happens from my office, which eliminates PC's, equipment etc.

You mentioned something about add-servers the other day? I posted this forum topic ages ago, which also speaks about the same problems, which when was resolved solved all my problems?

Like I said, no issues really, just thought I bring them to light Smile Thanks for the quick response though.

Bruce.

Atlas
    22 Jun 2006 - 4:19 PM

Okay will do, it's really fast now though.

Cheers Will,

Rob

tigerminx
    7 Jul 2006 - 2:42 PM

Still battling to view EPZ. Now I can't add comments to certain images. I couldn't even get into this forum topic to post this reply. Had to retry about 5 times. I have checked with 3 other friends who frequently visit the site, (one is a registered member), and all are experiencing the same symtpons mentioned above. 2 different ISPs, so something is definitely not right for us SA members?

Please could someone assist?

Bruce.

tigerminx
    7 Jul 2006 - 2:47 PM

When adding the above comment, it timed out, and almost added it agan !!!

Immaginazione
    15 Aug 2006 - 5:03 PM

This is getting crazy I am getting the same problem, just paging through the gallery, and I can't seem to get any further

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.