Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

53% think Tories are ready to govern after the next election

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

nsrh
nsrh  6144 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Jul 2008 - 7:53 AM

Quote: I just want to know precisely what Brown has done, as prime minister, to make himself so unpopular. As far as I can see, he largely seems to be a victim of events which are outside of his control...

As PM and previous chancellor much of current problems were well within his control.

He is so out of touch with the people, people have so little to spend now that is the problem, higher fuel prices, higher food prices, higher interest rates, higher council taxes etc and pay increases are not keeping pace as british small/medium companies struggle to stay afloat (I know, I'm a partner in a small business), people are really suffering financially and these are things he needs to address immediatly

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jul 2008 - 7:53 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Phil_Restan
30 Jul 2008 - 8:20 AM

As far as I can see once these people become Prime Minister they rule with an iron fist. MPís who donít do what they want are out. So the country is in effect ruled by one man - The prime minister.
We have troops fighting in other countries which are nothing to do with us to give them democracy yet, I donít remember ever having the chance to vote for Gordon Brown to rule this country. Letís have some democracy at home and have a general election.

Phil

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102260 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2008 - 8:58 AM

Quote: Blair was much more of a quick thinker.

Blair was a fatuous thinker.
The scenario is something like this:
1. The Tory Establishment i.e. media and big business complex only allows the election of a Labour government if it becomes Tory and forsakes Labour principles and calls itself 'New Labour'.
2. When the cracks begin to be seen in Tory policies carried out by New Labour, the Tories are able to say its all New Labours' fault.
3. The Tories pretend to re-invent themselves (just like Blair's New Labour) and appear to be the party of compassion which we all know is an absolute sham.

Garth

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2008 - 9:23 AM

Quote: Letís have some democracy at home and have a general election.

A change of PM won't change anything, apart from giving the general population the false impression that they have a say in who gets to run the country.

Perhaps it's time for PR and a form of democracy that isn't merely a sham.

Last Modified By joolsb at 30 Jul 2008 - 9:23 AM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2008 - 12:59 PM

Quote: As far as I can see once these people become Prime Minister they rule with an iron fist.

Lol! Grin Prime Ministers do not "rule" anything. They do as they are damn well told by vested interests, or they don't become PM in the first place.

Gordon Brown is just a a front man. If things are not going well, the front man takes the flak: that is how it intended to be.

Things are not intended to be going well just at the moment.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 30 Jul 2008 - 1:00 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.