Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5D mirrors.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 10474 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 9:55 AM

I had a nice surprise the other day when I had a malfunction in the camera. I took the lens off to investigate and The mirror dropped to the floor. A colleague I was with mentioned that he thought Canon were doing a recall on the 5D to add more adhesive to keep the Mirror in place.
    My camera is away at a Canon aqent at the moment and hopefully the repair was free of charge although it did cost 9.50 to send it and presumably the same amount to have it returned.

Canon owners beware.

danbrann

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Nov 2010 - 9:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ripleysalien
    17 Nov 2010 - 10:04 AM

Heard of this when I had my 5d, but never had a problem, a guy I know had the focus screen fall out a couple of times though,

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 10:04 AM

I had this problem a couple of months back. (First shot on a Wedding no less Wink )

Took the camera into Fixation, and it was repaired under warrenty free of charge. They even covered the cost of postage on return

Last Modified By mattw at 17 Nov 2010 - 10:08 AM
    sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82346 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 10:14 AM

Is this a mk1 or a mk2 issue?

Adam

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 10:16 AM

Its a Mk1 issue

jken
    jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 11:55 AM

Never had a problem with the mirror on my 5D when i had Canon's, the only thing that mine was prone to was muck for some unknown reason getting caught up in the focus screen area, used to sit on the focus screen and appear on images...Sad

I'm in a better place now...Wink

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82346 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 12:14 PM

Phew... got me worried there for a mo.

Rudix
    Rudix  3
    21 Dec 2010 - 4:02 PM

Quote: Never had a problem with the mirror on my 5D when i had Canon's, the only thing that mine was prone to was muck for some unknown reason getting caught up in the focus screen area, used to sit on the focus screen and appear on images...Sad

I'm in a better place now...Wink

If the dirt was on the focus screen it would not appear on the images!! You would see it through the view finder but not on the images, remember the mirror and focus screen flip up when you take the photo, the light moves from the lens, through the shutter directly onto the sensor......

Never had a problem with my old 5D, still have it but it is now sitting with the retired bodiesGrin

As for the "better place", I shoot more than one brand, not so sure Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.