Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5d mk 2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

swanseajack41
16 Dec 2011 - 7:02 PM

does this camera have a vari - angle / tilt & turn lcd screen ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Dec 2011 - 7:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LensYews
LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 7:08 PM

Quote: Does this camera have a vari - angle / tilt & turn lcd screen ?

No

User_Removed
16 Dec 2011 - 7:55 PM

Quote: does this camera have a vari - angle / tilt & turn lcd screen ?

This is a high end professional body - why would you want one!!!!

User_Removed
16 Dec 2011 - 8:14 PM

Why are you looking at this particular camera Paul?

Overread
Overread  63762 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 8:18 PM

Far as I know only the Canon 600D and the Canon 60D have the angle / tilt & turn lcd screen. All others have a regular fixed screen on the back of the camera.

swanseajack41
16 Dec 2011 - 9:07 PM

Shawry : when you sat 'high end professional body', what do you mean ? Have you got to be a 'pro' to own one ?
I currently own a 60d & I find the vari angle screen is absolutely brilliant for taking floor level / low angle shots, insofar that you dont have to lie on your side or belly to compose the shot. Especially handy when your standing in a river !
From what I was reading in a previous post (started by myself, I think), I seemed to get the impression that this model was aimed at the landscaper / portrait photographer. Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick ?

Mike : I know that this camera wont make my photos any better, but Iv'e read so much about them that Iv'e just gotta have 1 !!!. What do you think ? Should I or not ?
Paul

gary_d
gary_d e2 Member 6533 forum postsgary_d vcard Wales12 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 9:22 PM

I have the canon angled view finder attachment that fits on my 5D2 and it does just what you are after very well.

gary

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 9:47 PM

Paul why not upload an image or 2 then we can see where your aiming at with your photography then we can suggest a camera to suit your needs may be.

I look at certain camera bodies to do certain jobs for me well, for example the canon 7d is blisteringly fast is a cropped sensor and has all the features to be a fast wildlife / sports camera body, couple this with a fast canon l lens and you won't go wrong, then there is the canon 5d mark ii, it is full frame but lacks the speed the 7d has but is superb for portraiture/ landscapes/seascapes coupled with a good l lens you have a stunning camera for the for landscapes and portraits.
However if you wait till march you can get both these camera bodies in one if you have a spare 5300.00 it is in the form of the canon 1dx.

I personally have never used a swivel lcd screen and never had a real call for it either but as mentioned above there are attachments for the 5d mark ii.

the 5d mark ii is not just for pros it is also for semi and amateurs as well, i think the pros tend to lean more toward the canon 1d's to be honest, although the 5d mark ii is generally classed as a "pro" camera body.
The way I look at it is if you have the Money and you want the best then why not buy the best, as long as you get the usage out of it to be worth the money.

I know so many photographers in the wildlife side and landscape and we all get on so well, some of the guys doing the wild life have canon 1d mark iii and canon 400mm f2.8 l is usm lenses that cost them over 5000.00 for the lens and 3000 for the camera, so it depends on you as a person and what you think you need or want.

There is of course the old saying, all the gear and no idea, and i see that a lot too.

Last Modified By ianrobinson at 16 Dec 2011 - 9:50 PM
swanseajack41
16 Dec 2011 - 10:24 PM

gary d ; thanx for that. If I get a 5d2, I will almost certainly be looking to get one of those.

ian : very thorough answer there.
Not quite ready to show my images to the 'wolves' just yet. (I mean that in a nice way) The quality of fotos on here are just fantastic, and I need to brush up on my photoshop skills 1st !!! Wink
I wont be spending 5k + on a camera, as the 60d is fast enough for wildlife; just need a pukka lens. The 5d2 will be used for landscape / portrait & anything else that wont need loadsa fps I suppose.
Paul

Overread
Overread  63762 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 10:35 PM

Oh but its not photoshop magic Wink
However editing is indeed a part of photography; if you want some tips on brushing up have a glance at the tutorials here: Photography Articles
There is a good collection of both photography and editing based articles to give you some pointers.

Also we have a photo critique option, as a regular member once a week you can click the "critique" tickbox when you upload a photo and it goes into the critique gallery where there are a good number of people willing to give you advice and pointers.

User_Removed
16 Dec 2011 - 10:41 PM

No you don't need to be a pro to use one. But as Gary d says there is an attachment. Personally I would be worried about the reliability and longivity of a flipout screen and that's probably why its not aimed at the p
ro market.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315335 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 10:46 PM

Quote: This is a high end professional body - why would you want one

Maybe because other high end professional bodies have them Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73347 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
16 Dec 2011 - 11:58 PM

You have to ask yourself what a 5D can do that your 60D can't, and if that difference is relevent to your requirements from photography. If the answer is nothing &/or no then save your money & spend it on a good lens or a training course.

Dave_Canon
17 Dec 2011 - 5:26 PM

I use a 5D Mk ii and I would very much like a tilt and turn LCD screen. It is nothing to do with whether it is a pro or non-pro camera, it is about taking photographs. There are a number of occassions when I have been taking floor level shots and unless you are young that can be quite difficult. I would not upgrade my camera just to get this feature but next time I do so, it is something I would be looking for.

Dave

User_Removed
17 Dec 2011 - 5:36 PM

I have a 5D MkII and use my Android phone as a screen for those awkward situations when you can't use the viewfinder or screen.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.