Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5D Mk11 - video capabilities

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidbailie
    davidbailie e2 Member 10442 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:05 PM

I threatened some while back - see HERE for the full context - and have finally got around to getting a video made on the 5D mk11 up and running and onto You tube --- suffer if you must Smile ....

see The Film

aahh! the learning curve ............

It only went up today so it awaits your crits !!

db

Last Modified By davidbailie at 11 Nov 2009 - 4:07 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve_kershaw
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:25 PM

very very good, thoroughly enjoyed it, and a god job with the video

was that you?

davidbailie
    davidbailie e2 Member 10442 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:30 PM

Indeed it was steve - I thank you Smile

db

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:33 PM

Excellent David! Maybe that could be a new EPZ challenge - instead of self-portraits, self-videos on a theme.

Would we be brave enough? I doubt it! Grin

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:34 PM

Honest feedback?
    ...here goes
    The first segment is so much like David Lynch. I love the creaking sound and I really like when you appear with the globe - quite sinister, but then that transition of curtain-like change spoils the enjoyment and makes it feel a bit cheap. Maybe a fade to you sat in the chair is all it needed? The words are read out perfectly - very articulate and with meaning, I like the lighting and tight composition...nicely filmed Mrs B. Enjoyable to view and thumbs up from me...and if the feeling of the first section could have been carried through it would taken it a few levels higher.

davidbailie
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:45 PM

Thanks CB and Pete - very encouraging -

yes Pete you could be right - the curtain element I stuck with - or chose if you like - as it was literally a 'theatrical' device going from the 'netherworld' into the world of theatre ??

but I take your point - difficult to be to be really disciplined when new to something - one feels the need to experiment with all of it -- ho! ho!

thanks again db

Codiac
    Codiac  7304 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 4:54 PM

That was great David, really enjoyed it. I do agree with pete about the curtain transition but then again im no expert. Well done. Hoping to get the markII soon but doubt ill produce any films like this Smile

Gary

davidbailie
    11 Nov 2009 - 5:10 PM

Thanks Gary - appreciate your feed back

db

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2009 - 5:30 PM

Well I'm going to disagree about the curtain effect - I like it and have in fact used a curtain as an opener on many of my videos... it became a bit of a hallmark! Wink

Last Modified By Carabosse at 11 Nov 2009 - 5:30 PM
    davidbailie
    11 Nov 2009 - 5:40 PM

LOL CB that's what I like to hear -

To be honest on looking at it again (and I thought so originally) I quite like the way the body is "torn apart" ...

db

davidbailie
    11 Nov 2009 - 7:08 PM

cheers all - appreciate your responses

db

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.