Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5D MkII Adobe Camera RAW and CS4 Issues

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 10:18 AM

I will look for a decent colour management article, but in terms of defending ARGB, I would look 1st to the camera manufacturer data books where they recommend ARGB, then look at Capture 1 documentation where they recommend it......

All the professional events I have attended recommend ARGB for editing. If you are printing to basic InkJets then sRGB at the final stage may make senses. And if you are using mass market on-line printers then sRGB is of relevance. It depends on your end use.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Apr 2010 - 10:18 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 10:23 AM

Does this help?

KevSB
KevSB  101388 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
19 Apr 2010 - 12:54 PM

Thanks straw
My camera is set on sgrb and according to that article has no effect on raw the way I understand the author, i just need to tick the working space in ps. One of the downsides of the www net is there is so many contradictory articles out there for some like myself its choose and take your chance.

johnp
johnp  9135 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Apr 2010 - 3:51 PM

Thanks for all your comments. I'd seen that line in Adobe Camera RAW below the image and wondered why it was in blue and underlined, but never twigged that I could click it. Doh! Anyway, having told it to open an image as sRGB and 300ppi it now seems to be set on sRGB for all images BUT still prefers 240ppi. I know it's not the end of the world, but is it possible to make it default to 300ppi?

John

rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
19 Apr 2010 - 10:03 PM

Quote: I know it's not the end of the world, but is it possible to make it default to 300ppi?

(In CS4), go to Edit>Preferences>Units & Rulers and select 300 ppi in 'preset resolutions'.

johnp
johnp  9135 forum posts United Kingdom
19 Apr 2010 - 11:50 PM

Quote: I know it's not the end of the world, but is it possible to make it default to 300ppi?

(In CS4), go to Edit>Preferences>Units & Rulers and select 300 ppi in 'preset resolutions'.

It's been set that way for a year or more.

John

mlewis
mlewis  91470 forum posts United Kingdom
20 Apr 2010 - 12:45 PM

Quote: Thanks for all your comments. I'd seen that line in Adobe Camera RAW below the image and wondered why it was in blue and underlined, but never twigged that I could click it. Doh! Anyway, having told it to open an image as sRGB and 300ppi it now seems to be set on sRGB for all images BUT still prefers 240ppi. I know it's not the end of the world, but is it possible to make it default to 300ppi?

John

In that same dialogue box you can set what ppi resolution it gives converted files. At least it does for me with ACR 5 and PS CS4.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.