Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5D3 - review by Jeff Ascough

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikehit
    mikehit  56437 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 11:21 AM

http://blog.jeffascough.com/photographers/2012/03/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-review.h...

Quote:
    Iím pleased to say that the camera that I have had for the past two weeks is not only a worthy successor to the 5D Mark II, it is in my opinion just about as perfect a camera as you will ever handle.
    So are there any negatives to owning this camera? Maybe just one. You will lose the ability to blame the camera for any shortcomings in your own photographic ability.

He seems a very happy bunny.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Mar 2012 - 11:21 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 11:36 AM

I expect the 5DIII will be a brilliant camera. Grin It is what most people would have said a year ago to produce to replace the 5D II
    shame about the price Sad
    A lot of people will still get hung up on the D800 having more pixels Sad
    I expect the D800 will be a brilliant camera Grin
    shame about the price Sad
    I expect both cameras to produce excellent images and only Zen masters will be able to produce images that any of us here say are significantly different. Grin

I am forming a group to do a bank raid to fund purchase of both cameras. Anyone else in Grin

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 1:22 PM

I'm in! Grin

I know, on EPZ, we are sufficiently informed to look beyond quantity of pixels. But..... surely Canon cannot allow Nikon to rule the megapixel roost with what will no doubt be presented as a "Digital MF busting" DSLR like the D800?

A 'Canon 3D' (confusing nomenclature!) has been touted - well on the internet anyway! - for several years. This could be a higher resolution version of the 5D III, if it were ever to materialise. At an even higher price of course, i.e. stratospheric!

MeanGreeny
    8 Mar 2012 - 2:40 PM

OK, I'm in as long as it's a Halifax.

Hate the Bar Stewards.

Bagsy the 5D Mk3

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 3:16 PM

I was going for Lloyds because that damned music gets into my head and sticks there.

The Halifax give you more so it would have to be for the Nikon.

jembo
    jembo  10104 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Mar 2012 - 7:02 PM

RBS - it's all our money anyway isn't it?

ckristoff
    ckristoff  10938 forum posts Wales
    8 Mar 2012 - 7:29 PM

How many Green Shield stamps do I need to save up??!!!! Ha ha!!Grin

FRank.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139430 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 10:04 PM

Quote: Green Shield stamps

Sadly they became defunct in 1991 but, hey................ they may be a collector's item now! Maybe you could get enough money for them at auction to buy a 5D3 ! Grin

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Sadly they became defunct in 1991

But the shop you used to "trade in" the stamps for goods is still around, now known as Argos

Last Modified By JJGEE at 8 Mar 2012 - 10:17 PM
    Carabosse
    9 Mar 2012 - 1:06 AM

Indeed so. Smile

ckristoff
    ckristoff  10938 forum posts Wales
    9 Mar 2012 - 11:49 AM

Friends,

I'm only joking. Having been in the grocery trade for decades, I used to dish out the damn stamps!!Grin

FRank.

mondmagu
    mondmagu  474 forum posts Ireland
    10 Mar 2012 - 9:15 PM

Don't raid an Irish bank, we are so poor now you may give us some money out of pity!!!!!!Grin

Des

User_Removed
    11 Mar 2012 - 11:00 AM

Sounds like Canon have done a brilliant job. I particularly like that things were done for technical and usability reasons rather than marketing reasons.

Carabosse
    11 Mar 2012 - 1:23 PM

Quote: I particularly like that things were done for technical and usability reasons rather than marketing reasons.

Yeah, but will anyone buy it? Lol! Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.