Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5Dmk3 Raw files

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2012 - 4:20 PM

Been hearing rumours on the fact that the 5D3 is using a new unsupported raw format that wont work with current photoshop camera raw , do we know if there is an update being released to co-incide as it appears the 5d3 is shipping at the end of march. Or are we supposed to change our workflow and have to use the DPP software ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Mar 2012 - 4:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2012 - 4:27 PM

This happens with many new cameras - Adobe are usually pretty quick to knock out an update

FlashBangPicture

not sure but i did see on one of my twitter feeds that there is a new Camera RAW update for photoshop, 6.7 ? could this be for 5D MKIII ?

brianquinn
    7 Mar 2012 - 4:50 PM

Adobe will release an update, but it will only be available for the current version of PS.
    When I bought the 5d mk11, I had cs3, but cs4 was out and I had to upgrade to cs4.
    They will only support the current edition of their software.
    To make matters even worse, Adobe also intend to only allow upgrades in software from the immediately previous version to the current version.
    So, If you have cs3, for example, you can at present upgrade to cs5 for about 160.00, but once cs6 arrives, you will need cs5 to upgrade to cs6.
    They intend to allow cs4 owners to upgrade to cs6 for a short period of time, but pretty soon we will be forced to upgrade every time, or miss the upgrade boat.
    Shysters.
    Its a pity their software is so good - but they know it!!

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Mar 2012 - 7:48 PM

I remember when I first purchased my 40D, all those years ago, the RAW images were not supported by ACD and the upgrade was not due for a couple of months.
    After speaking to one of the ACD boffins on their forums, I was e-mailed the exe file to download and use, well in advance of the general release

Could you see Adobe doing that? - I don't think so

ACD were looking after a valued customer, who had purchased their products since the early days of digitalSmile

mlewis
    mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Mar 2012 - 8:07 PM

The latest ACR release candidate has support for the 5D mkIII.

ChrisV
    ChrisV  7761 forum posts United Kingdom26 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Mar 2012 - 12:35 PM

The new version of Lightroom is also bundled with the RAW module that has support for the new Canon and Nikon models.

I use Aperture, but Lightroom does a similar job and is also available for PC. Adobe has recently halved the price to bring it closer to the cost of Aperture, but if you have a Mac and Leopard or later you can download the full version of Aperture for 55 - which is still less than half the Adobe App's price.

Adobe's software used to be very good - it was sensibly priced, stable and the customer support was second to none. It was a marketing masterstroke to bundle their creative suite together and only charge marginally more than two individual upgrades to get the whole suite - it help them oust Quark XPress as king of page design with their then superior InDesign.

But the company changed after its founders Warnock and Geshke turned over management to the current bean-counters who have increasingly moved to make the company a monopoly that had its customers over a barrel. Now their upgrades are eye-wateringly expensive, buggy, light on additional features and now to be limited to a single iteration.

I once had a very high regard for them, but all they seem interested in these days is their bottom line and screwing their customers for all they can get.

Last Modified By ChrisV at 8 Mar 2012 - 12:37 PM
    MrDennis
    MrDennis  5226 forum posts Wales
    8 Mar 2012 - 2:25 PM

Quote from Brian....
    Adobe will release an update, but it will only be available for the current version of PS.
    When I bought the 5d mk11, I had cs3, but cs4 was out and I had to upgrade to cs4.
    They will only support the current edition of their software.
    To make matters even worse, Adobe also intend to only allow upgrades in software from the immediately previous version to the current version.
    So, If you have cs3, for example, you can at present upgrade to cs5 for about 160.00, but once cs6 arrives, you will need cs5 to upgrade to cs6.
    They intend to allow cs4 owners to upgrade to cs6 for a short period of time, but pretty soon we will be forced to upgrade every time, or miss the upgrade boat.
    Shysters.
    Its a pity their software is so good - but they know it!!
    Unquote......
    ADOBE has changed it's mind on the above. You can now upgrade from CS3/Cs4/CS5 to CS6.

johnnyboy114
    8 Mar 2012 - 2:33 PM

Download the DNG converter from Adobe on their site, convert everything straight away (Adobe will be updating the RAW converter imminently) and play away to your hearts content on pretty much any RAW supported software you like using the DNG format.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.