Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

5th Annual Epz Epping Forest - 26th October

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2008 - 9:15 AM

I am pleased to announce the 5th Annual Epz Epping Forest Trip. Officially the best way to see in winter!

As is now traditional this will take place on the day the clocks go back: 26th October 2008. This will be a chance to capture some of the Autumn colours and if the mushroom gods are with us, plenty of fungus shots too.

The format of the day is: meet up, crawl about taking shots of shrooms, once it starts getting dark, we go down the pub and sit about slagging off the moderators Wink

Date: 26th October
Time:10:00 Though some may opt for an earlier start

Foresters Arms
15 Baldwins Hill
Loughton
Essex
IG10 1SF
WGS84: 51 39.542N 000 03.752E
OSGB36: TQ 42755 97601

Directions:
From the M25 Junction 26, follow the signs to Loughton along the A121. When you reach a large roundabout take the 3rd exit (A121). Take the first right (after about half a mile) called Baldwins Hill. When you get to an open grass area park on the right overlooking the forest.

Nearest Tube:
Loughton or Debden (Central Line)

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 21 Sep 2008 - 10:16 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Sep 2008 - 9:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

imander
imander  7388 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2008 - 9:35 AM

wow i was only talking to the mrs about the forest the other evening, i was brought up living basically in the forest ( and no not by wolves Smile) I haven't been back for many many years, so I would be most interested in this meet Smile, I look forward to hearing the further details on the exact location
ian

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91032 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2008 - 11:53 AM

I might get a chance to do this this year. I've been looking out for the announcement. My parents family is from this area, and I remember playing in the forest as a kid.

looboss
looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2008 - 2:08 PM

And even I might get a chance this year.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
14 Sep 2008 - 2:19 PM

Just been walking the dogs today and the forest is a riot with fungus - I assume that the warm wet weather is to blame.

I really hope it hasn't peaked to soon!

jimbo_t
jimbo_t  11959 forum posts England
15 Sep 2008 - 9:23 AM

I'll be coming again for my forth Epping meet!

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64365 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2008 - 4:27 PM

Hi, Just stuck my name down for this. Only live up the road. I last took fungi pics yonks ago for a course I was on. Any excuse to scrabble around in the undergrowth, especially with like-minded ner... photographers. Smile

Chris

Foxfire
Foxfire  10322 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Sep 2008 - 4:50 PM

Yes, I would be very interested in joing too - pleae let me know all the details e.g time, place etc. I am travelling from Hove, so I need to plan a Safary probably...lol

mand82
mand82  631 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Sep 2008 - 1:45 AM

i'm deffo coming just need to be reminded enarer time and once the location has been decided i only live in harlow and only takes a hour walk to get to the middle of epping forest,lol and bus to loughton Smile

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Sep 2008 - 9:14 PM

I'll be there! Hopefully we'll see a bit more action (?) this year than last...

steve_eb
steve_eb e2 Member 6345 forum postssteve_eb vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2008 - 9:36 PM

Will keep my eye out for confirmed details, in West London so not a huge hike!
Will the Autumn colours be ready though? Hasn't Summer just started!!!

Steve a newbie

lobsterboy
21 Sep 2008 - 10:19 PM

I have just updated this thread and the meeting page with the location. I've decided to go back to the location of our first ever meet as we haven't been there for 3 years and it is difficult to find somewhere with enough parking.

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111538 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2008 - 8:01 AM

I'm in. I'll be travelling up from Brighton.

steve_eb
steve_eb e2 Member 6345 forum postssteve_eb vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2008 - 9:28 PM

Have added myself to the meet via the link, my first meet, so see you all soon,
Steve a newbie

lobsterboy
25 Sep 2008 - 2:38 PM

I forgot to mention - should we be completely rained off (those who went last year may have difficulty with that concept...as it chucked it down for most of the day yet still we carried on like mad people).

The plan is to head for the bird hides at Lee Valley park where we could stay warm and dry. So far it's never been that bad that we had to invoke this plan though Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.